Who is the best?

Toller_08

I love Torlan Tollers. She does all necessary health testing, shows in conformation, has working dogs/breeds for working ability, has dogs out there who trial in lots of different dog venues very successfully, etc. and she truly, 100% cares about her dogs, what she's producing, and who she allows to have one of her puppies.

Torlan dogs are by far the nicest I've ever met as far as temperament goes in the breed. They are absolutely incredible, and definitely dogs that she has every right to be proud of. They are exactly what a Toller should be and more, IMO. I want a Torlan Toller more than I could ever begin to explain.

I have to say for me, in Border Collies, is Hot Shot Border Collies. Not only does she do all health testing, required or not, she is an awesome responsible breeder who takes back puppies no matter what. She has had the worst luck this year. She had placed three puppies in loving, well-screened homes. With circumstances beyond each families control (one family had to relocate out of state, one puppy turned out to be too small, and I don't remember the last family's issue), they returned their puppies to her. Do you know she paid each puppies flight back, had each one vetted out when they returned and paid for all of their health testing?? Not only that, she returned ALL of the money these people paid for these pups (and these pups are 6 motnhs old!). She never questioned the people, took them back because she is a responsible breeder who feels that she is responsible for her puppies till they day they die, like me. Kudos to her, I think she is amazing!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think this dalmatian breeder looks great:

http://www.jlsdals.com/

Their dogs are so beautiful and not only are they champions, but also they compete in agility and obedience. They obviously know their stuff and have a goal when it comes to breeding.

But I will never buy from any breeder without visiting them personally. I'd like to visit them someday, definitely.
I've been meaning to go take a look at these people...they're only a couple of hours from me and I've always been curious as to what a well-bred Dal is supposed to be like, because I've never met one.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Chromadane looks amazing. I have met some people who drove to Texas to get their Dane pups- from New Jersey. They are a brother and sister and they both have almost all black female pups. The brother told me they went to Texas because that was the only place they could find that had really healthy Danes who lived to be more than 10. I wonder if that was the breeder.

fillyone

But please, call me Barb
I have yet to find a good breeder. Out of the 3 I've dealt with the all turned out to be COMPLETE physchos. One STOLE my dog, after she offered to board him for me while my mom was in the hospital. The other sold me a physcho dog that was unpredictable, fearful, overly agressive, and a huge liability and had 3 good bites under his belt before the age of one (well I was at fault as well, as I rushed out to get another dog). Now the pup that I have, the breeder is a stalker. I cant post anything about my dog online because she has "spies" watching me (no joke). And I always recieve threatening emails from her, when I do post pictures, questions ect.
Sadly it's not difficult to find bad GSD breeders :(

I have a list of my favorite GSD breeders, but it's a bit long

Sadly it's not difficult to find bad GSD breeders :(

I have a list of my favorite GSD breeders, but it's a bit long
Yeah, they definately outweigh the good.

I've created a list of breeders for my next pup. I'm doing it the RIGHT way this time. TONS of research and no impulses...thats what gets ya in trouble :p:)

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
In looking at chows for the past several years, I find myself tremendously blessed to have a bitch from the Redcloud lines. The more I live with her, the more I see the health testing done on her relatives ... I'm just extremely impressed with the breeders working toward chows of wonderful health and temperament.

Khana came from Clos de Lion kennels in Ontario, Canada but her background is mostly Redcloud. Her sire is owned by Paula Titon and Zola Coogan.

On the health testing: there are only about a dozen chows now that have passed the OFA testing on hips, elbows, patellas, thyroid, cardiac and eyes. Khana's sire was the first, followed by his brother, Khana and now one of Khana's half-siblings. That means that 1/3 of the chows that have passed ALL the tests are closely related.

In addition, the owners/breeders on both sire and dam side have been putting performance titles on their chows (as well as championships). Performance titles are RARE in the breed!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

JLSDals are very nice. Julia is very knowlegable and her dogs have fantastic temperaments. I believe she's produced three dogs ucrrently in training as service dogs as well.

Should point out though, I don't believe she competes in agility or obedience herself - but a lot of her puppy buyers do. Frankly, that's not all that unusual. With as many different sports as there are, it's hard for anyone to do it all.

S

Squishy22

Unfortunately I've come accross very few responsible and exceptional APBT breeders. I've looked at hundreds of breeders. 85% are oversized mutts and breeders who do no health testing or are even active in the breed such as showing.

There is one breeder I came across that I fell in love with. They only had one bitch and one stud. Very few litters. Deep chocolates and reds. Absolutely stunning. If only I could find their website.

Matrix kennels is ahead of the game. One of the best breeders out there, by far.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
In looking at chows for the past several years, I find myself tremendously blessed to have a bitch from the Redcloud lines. The more I live with her, the more I see the health testing done on her relatives ... I'm just extremely impressed with the breeders working toward chows of wonderful health and temperament.

Khana came from Clos de Lion kennels in Ontario, Canada but her background is mostly Redcloud. Her sire is owned by Paula Titon and Zola Coogan.

On the health testing: there are only about a dozen chows now that have passed the OFA testing on hips, elbows, patellas, thyroid, cardiac and eyes. Khana's sire was the first, followed by his brother, Khana and now one of Khana's half-siblings. That means that 1/3 of the chows that have passed ALL the tests are closely related.

In addition, the owners/breeders on both sire and dam side have been putting performance titles on their chows (as well as championships). Performance titles are RARE in the breed!

Hey Melanie, nice to hear from you! :D Have you decided if you are going to breed Khana yet or not?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I am checking out Border Collie breeders, who are some good ones? (Regardless of location).
Ooo...I like this subject :D

To name a few. . .Robin French, Denise Wall, David and Christine Henry, Scott Glen.

I'll PM you some contact info :)

Tahla9999

Just wondering, she isn't trying to change the breed is she?

Tahla9999

What makes you say that?
The quote'' wonderful temperament.'' I mean, most people don't think of a very protective and aloof breed as wonderful, so I just wanted to be clear that she isn't breeding '' stranger loving'' chows.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
If you love Chows and have an understanding of what they're supposed to be like, then a true temperment would be a "wonderful" temperment to that person. Melanie knows her dogs inside and out.

Members online

No members online now.