Two years ago .....

bubbatd

....today I had to put my dear Chip to sleep . For newbies here , he wasn't old and it came on very suddenly . On Saturday he wasn't interested in his food . Sunday he wouldn't eat at all and I didn't like the look in his eyes . Monday I vetted and x-rays showed a mass on his liver ( about the size of an orange ). Tuesday was the 4th . Wednesday he had ultrasounds ....he was riddled with cancer . Nothing could be done . It was the 1st time I went to bed dogless ...... it sucked and I couldn't sleep . I finally got up about 3:30 and was drawn to Petfinder . I typed in my zip , Golden , young ....and up came " Ollie " . I called and was told his foster parent would have him at the Tracker Farm store on Friday . It was love at first sight and I brought my Jolly , Ollie ( full of folly ) HOME !!!! Go with you hearts folks ......you can never take away the pain of losing a beloved dog , but it sure helps when another helps fill that horrible void . Thank you all my Goldens at the Bridge for sending Ollie !

Papa Bully

Bubbatd that is a very sad story with a happy ending.
As Bless gets older and greyer i dread thinking about her passing,i just hope i have an ollie after too.

Thanks for sharing that story.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
When they are stolen away from us in their prime it is just so wrong. I know for Bronki was the same way. YOu kept up the chain of love Grammy, and i have told people about you that asked me "is it wrong that i don't want to wait?". Was a lucky day for Ollie wen you went to petfinder.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I remember that as well and was utterly heartbroken when you told us about Chip and then the next day was so happy when you showed us Ollie! I never got a chance to meet Chip, but Ollie sure won't let anyone stay sad for long!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
((big hugs)) to you and to Ollie--so sorry about Chip. It sure is hard to lose them--I know what you mean about filling that void though.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Grammy- (((((HUGS))))
I also was dogless a very short period last time, about 48 hours- but I think Uncle Fred was meant for us. One of our little purposes in life was to help him, and his to love and take care of us in his houndy way.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I remember that too Grammy and breaking down when I read it becuase your love for Chip shown through your posts about him.

I was so happy too when you told us about Ollie I remember you anxiously telling us about his first days home ((((((((((((((((HUGS from cuddly Bev and I))))))))))))))))

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
Ohhh {{{{{ Hugs}}}}} .. I know what you mean by one helping to fill that painful void. Tragic at the start but turned into a blessing in disguise...

bubbatd

Yes , it sure didn't Ollie long to put a smile back on my face . I'll never forget how everyone cried when they said I could have him !!

Members online

No members online now.