Gate Keepers and Serious Cat!

Generally I don't take a lot of pics of my kitties but I have two that turned out nicely. Since I do talk about them somtimes I should probably show them off.:D

Who cares about the two GSDs there are cats guarding my house.
Rusty and Blacky. Not so great names but they are great cats.

Serious Cat does not aprove, and has been staring at me for a while. His name is Jack.

We have one more, another tabby named Belle, but she likes to hide. There is also another tabby stray whom I have doubed Niko but he wasn't around today.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Nice looking happy looking cats! Serious looks seriously happy! Hahah.
Your SOBOL looks like my Roni. And I love BLACK cats.

*SOBOL=Sweet Orange Bundle of Love, often used to refer to orange cats, who unto themselves have their own clownish personality.

mjb

Nice kitties.
When you said you had 2 that turned out nicely, I thought for a minute that you had two cats that turned out nicely. It took me a while to figure out that you had two PICTURES that turned out nicely.
(We're not in the thread where TM said she was making cats!!)

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Nice kitties.
When you said you had 2 that turned out nicely, I thought for a minute that you had two cats that turned out nicely. It took me a while to figure out that you had two PICTURES that turned out nicely.
(We're not in the thread where TM said she was making cats!!)
Yes that is true and they are turning out nicely!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Red cats are REALLY bright. He's a SOBOL and he even sounds like one. lol. They are a fun bunch, albeit kind of um....different. And always trouble. But in a good way. My very first cat was a SOBOL. Before him I despised cats. Here's my SOBOL. He was in horrible condition mentally when I picked him up. Someone tried to strangle him, best as the vet could determine. He couldn't even swallow. If someone even slightly raised their voice, he ran to a particular corner in the kitchen and tried to crawl INTO the wall. I never saw him as adoptable. Today...well here he is, a zillion dollars later.

Oh and here's my very first cat, Bomart, who did what I thought was impossible to my heart.

mjb

I've had LOTS of cats, but only 2 red ones (or orange). They are very, very definitely different. I can remember the first red one was in college, and my roommate was absolutely certain that he had some disease that had made him go mad!!!

The 2nd red one I've ever had currently lives with me. He's an oddball. His name is Charlie, and we all agree he should have been named Dennis (the Menace).

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I never understood the term red cat when they are orange. One of life's mysteries. I have seen some REALLY bright cats that I would actually feel comfortable calling Red. I'm searching for one now. Striking they are.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
hahah mjb, thanks for saying it. They are definitely strange. For example, my Roni throws himself in front of the door when he knows I want to leave. He does this often enough to really really be odd about it. I have to DRAG him away.

mjb

I don't know. I've always heard them called red. The one I have now really is orange. He's even a diluted orange. Most of those tabby looking ones look about the same shade as what we call red-haired in people to me, though.

(I guess I like the color red better than orange, so I prefer to pretend mine are red, ha ha).

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Yeah red sounds better than orange. lol. I have seen some REALLY orange cats, usually they are solid colors, not tabbys and they really almost do qualify as a shade of red.

TM, those kitties are pretty.

When Rusty was a kitten he was a very deep orange and a bigger trouble maker. My dad started calling him Red Cat as a nickname and it stuck. He's deffinatly differnt from my other two males (don't even get me started about the female). Where they like to sit on someone's lap peacefully, he has to crawl all over them and lick there hair.

I wonder if there is some gene that make orange cats just a little differnt.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Yep, SOBOLs, Torties and Calicos. Who knows.

Celtic, i have a theory. If you put twenty cats in a room and 19 of them are males and 1 is a female, you can pick her out. I am definitely a male cat fan. They are more flexible, easier to control and they come when you call them.Females take a message and get back to you later...

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yep, SOBOLs, Torties and Calicos. Who knows.

Celtic, i have a theory. If you put twenty cats in a room and 19 of them are males and 1 is a female, you can pick her out. I am definitely a male cat fan. They are more flexible, easier to control and they come when you call them.Females take a message and get back to you later...
I wish that wasn't true. But the one advantage that will keep me coming back to girls is that my girls don't hump each other. My boy? Oh you bet. Grabs one of em by the scruff and the howling commences. :rolleyes:

My old calico was the crankiest little cat that walked the earth.

I love males too. Both the females I have owned have had the "go away now" sort of air to them while the guys love every moment you look at them.

Members online

No members online now.