To Rise From The Ashes

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
This is the story of Pheonix my 5 year old White Siberian Husky. When i was 20 years old i working on getting my "pack" put together of the some of the best sled dogs I could find constantly working and training it was a tough time infact its still tough. I knew my father had just bred two of his best SH's Maticka beautifull blue/silver ***** she was completely covered in that color and the only other color she had on her was her flint paws and almost white blue eyes. This was to be Maticka's fourth and last litter to be had and so my father would only breed her with the best since in his eyes she was the best ***** he ever had on the farm. And so my dad finally came to his decision to breed her with Uno his top sled dog who was retired from racing but had fathered quite a few litters perfect pups as my dad put them. Uno was big and white with big deep chocolate eyes that said nothing but love. He was packed full of muscle and a great dog.

And so both dogs went through the health testing and finally approved for breeding. And so here I was in the evening after a hard days work when i got the phone call from my dad saying to come quick Maticka had been hit by a car and was going into labor but it wasent going well and he was taking Maticka to my vet. I rushed to the vet thinking how could this happen Maticka was a happy healthy 5 year old Husky this should'nt be happening. Maticka had gone n to labor at 4pm and hadent had her pups by 5 pm and at one point stood up and vomited with some blood in it. By the time i got to the vet my dad said that Maticka finally was giving birth to a puppy. This was to be the only puppy born because next Matick convulsed and vomited blood once more. To get to the point that found that something was ruptured in her stomach and she was internaly bleeding. My father decided it was best to end her pain there and had her put down while still on the table. The one puppy who was born was Pheonix. My dad raised Pheonix into anouther one of his bitches litters named Valley . My father did not want to keep Pheonix saying that he felt to guilty for Matickas death and could'nt handle having that constant reminder of her death.

Pheonix has been a great dog he carries those famouse Husky Bi eyes and his fathers large muscular body and his mother spirited loving personalitly. My dad still has a hard time when he see's Pheonix but he does love him.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOur poor Father and matkica, I cannot imagine how awful that had to have been. Pheonix was aptly named. sounds like a wonderful dog.

What a perfect name, and a sad (but good) story. Phoenix is a lucky dog. Maticka must have been a strong, wonderful mother. It sounds like she left a legacy she could be proud of.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks everyone :)

Maticka definatly left a legacy she could be proud of. Pheonix is one of my best dogs and I just love him so much. I left him active because im hoping to find the perfect ***** to breed him with in the future.

Members online