HSUS's dog FOOD?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I was thinking about this last night and one of the things that bothers me most is that a great deal of people a) don't know how evil HSUS is, and b) don't bother reading ingredients of the food their buying.

SO people will pick this up for their dogs, assuming that they're supporting a good cause, and not even KNOW that they're feeding their dogs a VEGAN food.

*grumbles*
Sadly enough that's probably their marketing strategy. I'm really really annoyed that Petco is stocking this food. Although I'm pretty sure it's only available online and not in stores. Hoopefully less people are scammed that way because you'd really have to be looking for it to find it.

A vegan diet for dogs... :rolleyes:

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
...Just to name a few reasons why the HSUS should NOT be supported and does NOT have pet owners in their best interest.
thats why you dont support it and thats fine, but do you know anything about the sources of your article?

All three sites it sends you to for "proof":

Animal Scam | AnimalScam.com •
Activist Cash: Exposing anti-consumer activists & funding •
Center for Consumer Freedom

are run by Rick Berman through his various front companies... he supposedly works for tons and tons of organizations.... they are all funded by the food and beverage association... which has what to do with animal cruelty?

I don't believe a word of what Rick Berman has to say.

Anyone ever find all that money the H$U$ scammed, errr, I mean raised to "help the Katrina animals?"

And how about their support of Michael Vick?

Don't even get me started on their genocidal agenda on APBTs . . . . Wayne Goebbels Pacelle . . . .

Dekka

Just try me..
Why the HSUS is bad is a matter of simple reseach. They raised X number of dollars for animals in Katrina and saved a very small number. Many volunteers with other groups have complained about how annoying the HSUS members were, that they were often in the way and tried to tell people what to do.. often hindering the rescue effort.

They share many of the same members as PETA and have support breed bans.

So if you are OK with not for profit companies misleading people into donating. (most people donating think they are actually supporting shelters and humane societies when they give) And keeping much of that money for themselves, or allying themselves with peta and support breed bans. I mean if you are into supporting people who want to stop breeding, support BSL, and in general legistlate pets into almost nothingness. Then yes this food is much better than Alpo. Alpo only pays corporate types.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Yes, Dekka I know... anyone who doesnt agree with you is just too stupid to do any research of their own, you have made that clear before.

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes, Dekka I know... anyone who doesnt agree with you is just too stupid to do any research of their own, you have made that clear before.
um wow anger much...

No I said you don't have to go by what that guy says. I agree that he's not the best source... um so I was agreeing with you..

I was simply saying you can find those things out from outside sources or from things said DIRECTLY by those in the HSUS.

I don't know.. maybe you aren't against some of those things (and that would be your right, like my old siggy said) I am just saying that you don't have to take one person's word for it. YOu can talk to people who have worked for the HSUS in person (I have, right after Katrina.. I was supposed to go down but at the last minute couldn't The stories people told when coming back were interesting to say the least. Even people who were pretty pro HSUS came back less so.. they don't think anyone should be breeding dogs etc.. I don't agree with them but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have that opinion)

I think you need to read less into what you think I am saying and take my posts at face value. I promise you I am not that subtle :rofl1:

tl:dr
I was agreeing with you.
Absolutely you should do your own research.
Its fine if you do believe some of these things are good.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
If you're on facebook, HSUS is getting slammed on their page for this food. (I commented lol)

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
one more reason to dislike the HSUS. I agree with everything negative that has been said about them - I think it's terrible that well-meaning, bleeding-heart animal lovers are mislead into thinking their money is actually going to HELP ANIMALS. When in reality, they want to do away with companion animals. And don't even get me started on how "cruel" it is to hunt game with hounds... ugh. They claim that hunters don't feed their dogs for DAYS because it makes them hunt harder - ?! the only thing they'd be hunting is food!

Lolas Dad

By the HSUS making a garbage food that is about as bad as PETA when they wrote a letter to Ben and Jerry's asking them to stop using cow milk and instead use breast milk from lactating women.

Pops2

thats why you dont support it and thats fine, but do you know anything about the sources of your article?

All three sites it sends you to for "proof":

Animal Scam | AnimalScam.com •
Activist Cash: Exposing anti-consumer activists & funding •
Center for Consumer Freedom

are run by Rick Berman through his various front companies... he supposedly works for tons and tons of organizations.... they are all funded by the food and beverage association... which has what to do with animal cruelty?

I don't believe a word of what Rick Berman has to say.
how about the state of LA filing charges of fraud related to the fundraising off of katrina and dropping them after the HSUS finally forked over $7 million (of the declared $100 million they raised) to build a shelter. THAT is a matter of public record & was reported in the regional media. or their involvement in the seizure & PTS of Floyd Boudreaux's dogs only to have him acquitted of their trumped up dog fighting charges. if you really care to look there is more out there.

ACooper

Orson says he wouldn't mind having some of that food! He says he would eat it when we watch movies since we hog most of the popcorn! LOL

But seriously, do you think they gave ANY thought to animal (dog in particular) nutrition when they came up with that formula? :eek:

*goes off to look at their facebook page* teehee

Saeleofu

I thought it was common knowledge that HSUS is a nasty, nasty group. Them and PETA. I cant' stand the lot of them.

I agree that this food is one more way to show how little they actually care about dogs. Canola seeds, really? Why not feed your dog a bowl of random veggies and herbs and pour a bottle of cooking oil over it. Same thing really. Ugh.

Gypsydals

Sounds like something Toby and Cleo would like and need vs. something the boys should be eating.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Sadly enough that's probably their marketing strategy. I'm really really annoyed that Petco is stocking this food. Although I'm pretty sure it's only available online and not in stores. Hoopefully less people are scammed that way because you'd really have to be looking for it to find it.

A vegan diet for dogs... :rolleyes:
It is only available online, I don't picture it doing well enough to make it IN the store thank goodness. Fact is I don't see the average pet owner basically paying $20 for 6.6 lbs of food especially any owner with one or more medium or large dogs.

The whole concept disgusts me, wolves are predators, dogs are predators, predators are MEANT to eat meat.

On the topic of HSUS, they outright deceive people to get donations. A perfect example was Fay, a dog rescued from a fighting ring who had no lips. HSUS used her picture and story to garner donations, making it sound as if they were the ones helping her. Quite the contrary, she was in a foster home through the aspca and HSUS never contributed a dime to her care despite her needing at least one major and very costly surgery.

I fail to see any thing they do good. Well unless of course you think that the simple act of having pets is cruelty or that BSL is just what we need. Blah. All they do is lobby for laws that will make it increasingly harder to own a dog or any pet for that matter.

Last edited:
I really wish more people knew that the HSUS and your towns humane society are NOT the same.

I used to think they were, thank God I learned before I supported them.

Even if they do 1 or 2 things that are GOOD, they do enough bad for animals that I'd rather they do nothing at all.

Members online

No members online now.