Nature's Variety New(?) Kibbles

irenafarm

Herd. Protect. Love.
I was just looking at the foods at Hearty Pet which is having a free shipping weekend (sorry, almost over! I just found out). I haven't looked at NV in a long time because it's one of Ben's "not never, uh-uh" foods because of the chicken. But I noticed they've come out with two chicken meat free formulas.

One does have chicken fat in it, which is kind of iffy, but I can sneak "iffy" past Ben if he's doing really well otherwise.

What's the overall consensus on NV Instinct? What were your results if you tried it? Ben doesn't have a sensitive tummy, he just has the darn allergies. My concerns are mostly with whether I'd have to feed more or less than recommended, and whether anyone noticed wacky results related to the tapioca.

I'd LURV to feed rabbit in his rotation, and they've got a duck formula that has turkey in it! Then Ben would have salmon, EVO RM which has bunches of stuff, whitefish I think it was (the new Diamond formula), and these products that offer rabbit and turkey, and don't use potato or sweet potato.

Ben's horizons are expanding, not to mention Zhi and Maggie who share his food. Awwww. :cool:

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I REALLYREALLYREALLY want to try Ella on the Rabbit Instincts formula!

REALLYREALLYREALLY badly.

They're brought the protein down to 35%.
Which is fine by me.

Ella did NOT do well on the chicken instincts. At ALL. It was the first time I EVER saw my dog get the runs and she hasn't had them since.
Grossgrossgross.

The Instinct has had great results. We don't yet have the other protein sources here in kibble, but, have seen great results with the chicken blend.

I just picked up a bag of the Instinct chicken formula (all they had because I happened to drop in for the first time at the pet store the day before they were expecting their next shipment order to come in LOL) and the dogs are doing very well on it and really love it! I'd say go ahead and try it out to see if it's a "pass" with Ben.

rlmtyco

Tyco has loved every food I have ever tried to give him but he didnt like the rabbit, he stopped eating it after a few days. He had the runs on it as well. The lady at the pet store said she had heard good things so far on it so far so it probably was just my dog that had a problem. I feed regular natures variety in his rotation of foods

irenafarm

Herd. Protect. Love.
I am hoping they have the rabbit at the store that sells regular in our area. I'm calling to morrow and crossing my fingers!

My two were on Instinct before I switched them back to raw and they did great on it. They didn't have the gas on it that they did on Evo, and Wally actually wanted to eat it (I had to trick him into eating the Evo).

At work we're VERY excited to have the other two options coming out soon. Our supplier hasn't gotten any in yet, but as soon as they do we're stocking our shelves!

It's not yet available to me, so, don't be terribly surprised if you can't yet find it at your local retailer. Companies tend to advertise things prior to them being availablle.

Members online

No members online now.