Announcing A Litter of Puppies Due

bubbatd

I hope you don't breed Emma until she's over 2 and she's had all her certifications.

She'll be over two years of age and will have all her certifications.. Before she is bred... I Know of a good breeder of German Shepherds and it is her male that I breed with.. She has been very helpful when I have had a question regarding breeding and training... She is a german lady and this is what her father did and it is what is does now... She has told me that my Queen has lots of qualities and could have been a rescue dog as well as a top performer in anything I had wanted to involve her in. But she is a part of my family and she is my best friend.. I would never do anything in the world that would harm or injure either of my girls...

bubbatd

I'm glad to hear that .... Kudos for responsible breeding ...down the road. I am surprised that she agreed to breeding twice in a year.

L

LabBreeder

So are you a "professional" breeder or what? Do you have a website or anything? I was just wondering if there was somewhere that I could go to see some better pics of the mother, check out the pedigree, health certs, guarantees, etc.
Why wouldn't you show or title her in anything (even agility)? It would prove that she is worthy of breeding and help show that you are bettering the breed.

:) Really would like to see more pics and get more info. She looks very pretty.

bubbatd

I hope she doesn't have a web site !!!! Any good breeder doesn't need to advertise on the net !!

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
bubbatd said:
I hope she doesn't have a web site !!!! Any good breeder doesn't need to advertise on the net !!
Theres nothing wrong with having a website. Many Many professional breeders do. Its a useful tool to keep clients and like minded friends updated.

L

LabBreeder

Thanks MOM. I've seen plenty of good breeders, not to mention parent clubs and kennel clubs that have reputable breeders listed. :)

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
LabBreeder said:
Thanks MOM. I've seen plenty of good breeders, not to mention parent clubs and kennel clubs that have reputable breeders listed. :)
Here is one very well known
http://www.castilecreekkennels.com/
http://www.sdsdogs.com/
http://cwretrievers.com/

And many many more. Good way to get info out that otherwise wouldnt be. Makes it easy to search pedigrees and info on pups before even speaking to the owner. Or if they happen to own a dog in your dogs pedigree you can find out more specific information so you can add that to keep your pedigrees updated.
Nothing wrong at all with having a website in my eyes but thats just me:)

Before I got my dog, i was in contact with two different breeders.

Both had websites. They used them to display pictures of their "babies" who had been adopted. One of the breeders had pages and pages dedicated to all the pups she had adopted out, they included letters and stories that her clients had sent back to her, christmas cards people had made with their pups. It was great to be able to check out what the puppies looked like when they grew up. She also used it to update her former clients on what she was doing and how the sires and dams were doing so you could keep up on your pups parents.

i thought the websites were a nice touch in a modern era.

JMO

Elissa

bubbatd

I agree that websites are great .... in fact had I had access to the internet back when I bred , I probably would have had one . I've got albums of pictures, letters , updates etc from every litter. I'm just anti selling pups over the internet.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
28 lbs is still huge. A 28 lb puppy, if growing at a steady rate, would likely mature at 100 lbs. My nieghbor owns GSD's, and his largest girl is a little under 70 lbs, which is the limit for females. I truly hope the female has had her hips & elbows, atleast, certified. Her being very large doesn't help the odds that there are joint issues.

I really hope you consider training both of your girls! ;) It's very fun, and it proves more than the "bloodlines" of your dogs. There are loads of "pet quality" dogs with amazing pedigrees... lineage does not fully determine the breeding worth of any dog, IMO. Any GSD needs to be SCHI titled to be proven as worthy of reproducing, the likelihood of a dog being injured in Schutzhund is just as great as a dog being injured while playing frizbee in the backyard :p. That is a minimum to me, preferably seperate Tracking & Obedience titles should also be attained.

I don't professionally bred.. The German Lady that owns the sire does... The sire has over 30 generations of Schutzhund champions in his pedigree... I only have Queen and her daughter Emma. This will only be Queen's second litter and she is 4.

When I spoke to Inga ( that is the german lady's name) about breeding her she asked to see her... Then only after she had seen her did she ask about her pedigree... She was greatly impressed with her over all build... Her ears and hind quarters... She said that she had a lot of point qualities... When I first got Queen I had no idea that there was such a thing as Schuzthund...
Right now I work a full time job and I don't have time to take them to shows... But I am hoping to do so in the future... At least Emma... I have been training her for Schuzthund... With Inga's help...

If she had told me that I should not breed Queen I would never have done so.. She rarely breeds outside of her kennel... But Queen is an exception with her... Queen was healing at 8 weeks of age...

Here are a few photos....

Queen my baby...!!!!!

This is her one week after her first litter...

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Does this breeder have a website at all? I would like to see if you wouldnt mind:)
If she is a reputable breeder and your bitch has good quality lines with lots of health clearances and this breeder thought you could better the breed by using your bitch then ok thats great!

tac_1

Teri's babies
Awww, congrats! I absolutely LOVE German Shepherds. I used to have a black and silver that was incredible! Unfortunately we lost him to lung cancer several years ago, but because of him, I'm crazy about the breed.

I'm not sure I believe that she has one in the making.... I talked to her yesterday she said that a friend was helping her to build one...

L

LabBreeder

Were health checks (hips/eyes/etc) done on the one that is pregnant now? What about the sire?

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
bubbatd said:
I'm glad to hear that .... Kudos for responsible breeding ...down the road. I am surprised that she agreed to breeding twice in a year.
Sorry to question you on this Grammy (and sorry if its been mentioned) but I personally know some breeders (and have heard of quite a few) who preffer to do back to back breedings and just give a long rest afterwards. I dont see anything wrong with this, but then again im not a breeder, but im wondering, is this ok?

I have seen the health cert on the male.... Moms eyes have been checked... The vet said that since she was hit by a truck... I am terribly guilty for that... That it would show a problem.... But it was the growth plate that got a crack in it.... He said by the exrays that he took at the time that there is no hip problems.... But if done now would only show a slight difference because of her growth plate being cracked when she was 4 months old.... God I still feel quilty, she was playing with my beagle and I was coming home from work... I lived in the country then and both were allowed freedom to play... Well they played to close to the truck and I couldn't see them I was moving slowly but It still happened..... I wish to God that I had just stopped and waited to see them in a different place... But stupid me I figured that they wouldn't get that close to the truck cause they never had before.... But It healed very well and she has had no problems.... I ask the vet when she goes in for her checkups and he says there are no problems... And no arthritis.... Thank God........ My beagle Sandy passed away last year.

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
I just wanted to add, that girl is GORGEOUS and looking very pregnant!

I also want to say, once in a while a breeder will breed to an unproven bitch (with health cert. of course) because quality isnt always measured by shows or comp. Sometimes (from what other breeders have told me) you just see a special spark in a bitch, and even though she has never been shown has excellent conformation and will be a great improvement to the breed.

Nothing wrong with that, and to my untrained eye Queen looks like a very nice girl and doesnt seem to have that Deep Slope that GSD's have become notorious for.

bubbatd

Lizzie ... I just wouldn't do that to my females..... They had large litters and it wore both of us out !! My females never seem to go back to " normal " until 6 months after whelping. I believed in a " time out " .... these weren't puppy machines .... they were my special dogs. !!

Members online

No members online now.