'A' and 'Z' stamp and OFA

Hi,
I'm looking into getting a GSD. The pup which we're looking at has A and Z stamped parents with all clear. But they don't OFA test their dogs. Is OFA and 'A' and 'Z' stamp the sape thing? The stamps things are with the Geman Shepherd Club Of Western Australia

What do you think?

bubbatd

I don't know what the A - Z stamps means unless they mean they have done all the test from A to Z. Tests should be hips,elbows, eyes, heart, plus whatever test GSs should have. If the breeder says they've been tested from A to Z...question. OFA is important in GSs.

Fran27

I wouldn't buy your puppy there then. 'sorta' isn't the same, and I believe only OFA is recognized. I've never heard of A and Z, but I'm not really informed about that stuff, just thinking I should have heard of it by now by reading the forums etc if it actually meant something?

I'm sure other people will be more helpful, but OFA seems a must for me.

Oh and I should add, no clue how it works in Australia :(

Fran27 said:
I wouldn't buy your puppy there then. 'sorta' isn't the same, and I believe only OFA is recognized. I've never heard of A and Z, but I'm not really informed about that stuff, just thinking I should have heard of it by now by reading the forums etc if it actually meant something?

I'm sure other people will be more helpful, but OFA seems a must for me.

Oh and I should add, no clue how it works in Australia :(

Fran-
Visit this site. It explains everything about "A" and "Z" stamps. Hope it helps you understand what it means. :)

Cya
http://www.gsdawa.org/SchGSDA.html#GSDCA Hip and Elbow Dysplasia Control Scheme

Fran27

Ok. The thing is, they are doing good on hip and elbows, but what about the rest? Does the 'all clear' means the rest is fine too?

I'm no expert at all, it seems serious to me, but you may want to wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about, lol.

Babyblue-It should work. I've tried and fran tried it :)

Fran-These breeders are very reliable. Since i wanted to show the girl i asked if i could get her on main register. They said if i show her yes. Then, for a test, i asked if she is get's her 'a' and '' stamp if i could breed her. Then they said that she'll have to go through proper testing and we'll have to know what we're doing. Also that we have to become registered with CAWA and the German Shepherd Club of Western Australia. So they are very careful to who they sell their pups to. And make sure it is done properly.
They are registered and have bred aprox 24 litters of healthy sound GSD's since 1995. So thats 10 years. My calculato says they have had a litter every aprox 158 days. Is that alright? They go to every show they can. She is trialing her dogs also in Mandurah next month. It's a GSD herding trial. She is judging one trial and entering the next. I also think that because sh is also going over to Germany in August and leaving her husban with the dogs is maybe a good idea. She's having a look at other GSD breeders and dogs. After that she's going over to Sydney for a champion show thing. They are reputable breeders and have known the breed since she was 13 years old. (It says so on their homepage)

Sorry that this went for sooo long. If you read all of it, Thanks. So, at the moment we're a bit puzzled.

Here's some pics of her! What do you think?

Thx

Her gorgeous face

In the above and this pic were taken on Sunday the 10th July. She is only two days older since then.

This is a pic of her and her brother. can you see which one is her?

And a pic of her dad. He nearly has his Aust. Champion Title

Fran27

What a cutie. The number of litters seems great as long as they have a few females (3 or 4?) and that they are over 2. But it does seem serious.

Heres the URL i got it from. Every random litter you have a dog which died at say a couple of years old. But you get that every where...

Heres the URL
http://www.southwest.com.au/~jane1/Astrolupus litters.htm

Have fun looking through aprox 130 different dogs! Lol, just view the pics and the places they got sold too!

P.s-They have 5 female's with 4 breeding now. (1's still a pup)
and 3 boys. with all 3 available for stud.

These are only the dogs i found on the site. I don't know if they have any older dogs or anything

Also, read through this. Dimmi, (the first dog on the page) was imported and

HT DNA tested, hd: A normal Ed: normal H-neg BSCL1 VG ZW82

I don't know what all of this means. But it sounds good! lol.

Also read this...

News: Dimmi passed his Herding test to gain his Herding Tested title (HT) in Queensland on the 19/06/2005.

Dimmi came 8th Intermediate dog at the 2005 Australian GSD National in Queensland out of a strong class of 24 dogs.

Members online

No members online now.