What would you choose?

S

Squishy22

If you could own a dog who had a fault with its coat color or length (assuming you rescued), what would you choose? Example... blue merle pitbull, red rottweiler, long coated rott, white pug, white GSD, ect.

I would choose a white doberman. I think they are beautifull, but would never buy one from a breeder.

S

Squishy22

hmm. can we make it up ourselves? i assume merle isn't really a pit colour even with mutant genes or is it?
Merle in pitbulls is what happens when you mix in catahoula (sp?) blood. People do that to get the color and blue eyes.

You can make it up too.

joce

Since I'm always looking for needy dobes I'd probally take in a white one.

And hope every night that its breeder isbeing eaten alive by some kind of bug:D

showpug

As much as I am 100% against the breeding of brindle pugs, I really do like the color.

I am also in LOVE with a solid brindle bulldog with a black mask. It's not a incorrect color, but it's so rare, you just never see it.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I'd have to take an *albino* dobe, they're still Dobermans and I love my dobes! Possible a double-DQ corgi... like a Fluffy Bluie!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i dunno, id love a "fawnequin" great dane...
but my "dream dog" is a special needs white great dane, just like king was, and it looks like im getting one...*happy dnace*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That reminds me, I saw the most striking Isabella Dobie out on a walk the other day.

I'd take an albino Dobe or a Merlequin Dane.

Merle in pitbulls is what happens when you mix in catahoula (sp?) blood. People do that to get the color and blue eyes.

You can make it up too.
Not always, sometimes the Catahoula is added to create a better catch dog. ;)

Also, as far as I know long-haired rotts are not disqualified in the UKC ring...Anyways that is what I would take though because they are a throwback of a very very rare but super awesome breed that went into breeds that went into creating the Rottie which I am absolutely in love with!

noludoru

Bored Now.
I really want a merle Doberman.. :eek: Or a "silver" lab (irresponsible breeders crossed labs with weims, but lied on the dogs' pedigrees.. so they're akc registered). Possible a red sable GSD--I saw pictures of one on a website, and he is so striking that I'm painting a model after him. These are just for the colors though, hehe!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
A longhaired white GSD.
A blue merle Rottweiler.
A solid white blue-eyed collie.
A reverse colored Dalmatian.

(Of course I know they wouldn't exist within the breed and I would never encourage the breeding/crossing to make the colors)

Those white doberman look like ibizan hounds XD

In the FCI the isabellas and blues doberman are forbidden.

I'm againt "rare" colors but I like the blue weimaraners and white GSD

Members online

No members online now.