After my first Rotty passed away...

My first rotty passed away in 1998 on valentines day, he was only six years old, a tumor had burst and he passed in my arms, i was in mourning for 2 weeks, i had rommy since i was 14, he was my buddy, went with me everywhere! i was 20 when he passed....i still miss him...for those 2 weeks i was an absolute wreck, i couldnt eat, sleep or even work, yes i was that close to my dog...he was my child...my friend...my companion...well that april, my family said to me, why dont you get another dog, i was sooo not ready for another dog...nothing could replace him...then a friend came to me..and said that there was a rotty that was rescued, and needed a home fast...so i took a ride...drove an hour and a half to where he was...i was greeted by the woman who ran the rescue, we ended up becoming very good friends, she then took me back to this cage, there where leashes all ovewr his cage tieing the door shut, she looked at me and laughed "he's an escape artist" well there he was all 11 months old, with a big melon head, wiggling his nub...it was like he was extra happy to see me...my friend, pulled me aside, and said he never did this, he usually barked and carried on at anyone who came near the cage...i didnt know what to think...i told her that i would have to think about it, because of recently losing my best friend, i didnt think i was ready...as i was leaving he started crying...my heart sunk...i turned and as he looked at me with his ears perked, i said, ill take him...well he & i had to go through the nessicery (sp) precautions for rescue adoption, he got fixed, and i passed with flying colors to adopt him...a few days later me and my family went to pick him up...my grandfather drove me and my mother rode with us...we picked him up, got in the car, and he sat next to me in the backseat...i looked at him and said well your no rommy, but i guess you'll due...with that, he put his head on my shoulder and his paw on my lap...i melted right there...i think my dog was reincarnated...and thats how i got my new best friend...

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, what a story. When I lost my lab Brandy 11 years ago to a sudden illness, I waited a month to get CJ. I found her at a shelter. When I look at CJ she reminds me of Brandy for all the love & comfort she gives me. CJ also reminds me of my first dog Fluffy I had when I was little in that they look similar in color and in the face. I do feel like CJ was meant to be with me.

roni

K-9 lover ;)
I understand completely about being a wreck and not able to do anything. When I lost Rudy (my baby os 15 years) it was as if my whole world had come to an end (well, it actually had in a way). It felt like someone had stuck a hot iron in my stomach. I am sorry you lost rommy but you will see him again! Renee is right...they always send one to comfort us! Congratulations on your new addition!

Members online

No members online now.