ever find random blood?

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
We found random spots of blood on the floor tonight, then looked at Sierra and she had a few spots on her paw, and some on her face, but no SOURCE! I still can't figure out where the heck the blood came from, as I can't find a cut on her anywhere.

Does this happen to anyone else? Mystery blood?

Pam111

We found random spots of blood on the floor tonight, then looked at Sierra and she had a few spots on her paw, and some on her face, but no SOURCE! I still can't figure out where the heck the blood came from, as I can't find a cut on her anywhere.

Does this happen to anyone else? Mystery blood?
I had that happen a couple of times when I had a husky/malamute. It turned out to be her teeth/gums after she'd chewed something hard.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Probably the tongue was bitten. It is hard to find when it is over. Mary had "random" blood that ended up being less and less random real fast. Pepper had jumped up and her dew claw nail was a bit sharper then her others, it had pierced the sponge like callous Mary has on her elbow. I thought it never would stop, took direct pressure.

perla123

yup it happen to me too little spots. turned out that one of her pads in her paws was bleeding. I gues from playing with RB in the carpet, she got rug burn.

bubbatd

Could be a mosquito bite too . Any horse flies around ?? They can be nasty !

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Slade was bleeding like crazy today, but it turned out he'd just ripped out a toofer that was aaaaaallllmost ready to come out, but not quite. It bled quite a bit, but stopped after a couple of minutes.

He in fact went on to lose ANOTHER tooth later! And contrary to all the others he's lost so far, I was able to find these two to keep. :)

Aaaaahhhh . . . . the joys of teething.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
This happens to me more often than I'd like (and yet, still not "frequently")... sometimes Molly will be sleeping, and when she gets up, there will be a little blood, but we won't be able to find ANY on her and we're never able to figure out where it came from or why.

It usually worries me just because she's an older dog, so most things tend to worry me... but it's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one finding mystery blood!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Yes. We usually check all three dogs and unless something pops out at us, we assume someone bit their tongue or one of the others tongues when rough housing. I found a decent, but not alarming amount of blood a couple weeks ago and I checked each dog three times and never found the source, kinda creepy!

Mine was bleeding the other day, turned out he wore down his pads. He had an eventful day swimming, trail walk, dog park, hose fun ect. So it could have been a number of things. I still felt terrible. :(

Sniperess

Sniper came in the house one day about 2 weeks ago with a spot of blood on his back hock. I looked and looked and couldn't find the source.

Then I was grooming him a week later and found what looked like an old puncture wound there. Just a small spot, but it had to have been where the blood came from. No clue what caused it though.

a.baker

Yes, but it was always the baby teeth that have fallen out. Mouth punctures or wounds heal very quickly. Good possibility it was something form the inside of the mouth.

Members online

No members online now.