TADA!! the amazing cinnomon has done it..

ok, im not here to toot my own horn but... :lol-sign: i just wanted to tell everyone that we got Cinnimon October 6th 2007 and as of today she is 100% HOUSE BROKE!!! YAHHOOOOO...

as some may not know she came from a home that my girlfriend could not keep her, so, i ended up with her, and Thunder, our now 3 1/2 month old German Shepard Lab mix, is also 100% HOUSE BROKE, * it only took him about a month to house break as well...

I am sooo proud of my babies, we only had 1 accident between the 2 of them, ( mainly dad's fault, he was on doggy patrol LOL ) ..

anyways, i just wanted to share this with everyone here, also, i wanted to know how long it took others on here to house break their babies? and what method was used?

To house break Cinnimon, Thunder kinda helped a little by going to the back door and whining to be let out. We did not need to use the puppy pads/diaper thing, nor did we use any bells at the back door ( i heard that some people use that.

anyways, just wanted to share that today. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and hope that all is Merry and bright for the upcoming holidays.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Horray! It doesn't take long to housebreak mine but i do it differently from most folks and most aren't willing to go through the leashed to me until your a hundred percent. My dogs = 3 days at the most. WHatever it takes to get the job done is all that matters.:)

:) ya it makes all those late late nights and early early mornings of walking back and forth in the cold very worth it :)... and i even started my day earlier when they would wake up to go potty LOL.

.. WOW smkie how in the world did you do it in 3 days?! WOW, kinda makes me feel like i need more practice LOL.. oh well, now if i could just get them to get there own food and water we would be in BUSINESS LMAO LOL... J/K...

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Congrats! I'm glad you decided to let them live inside.

Fozzie only had one or two accidents... I just watched him like a hawk when he wasn't in his crate or outside, and brought him outside every hour for the first few weeks, and praised him like crazy when he pottied outside!

Gonzo just "got" that he was supposed to potty outside. He was 6 months old when I adopted him, though.

Congrats! I'm glad you decided to let them live inside.

Fozzie only had one or two accidents... I just watched him like a hawk when he wasn't in his crate or outside, and brought him outside every hour for the first few weeks, and praised him like crazy when he pottied outside!

Gonzo just "got" that he was supposed to potty outside. He was 6 months old when I adopted him, though.
ya lets just say it was ALOT of lonngg days and late nights.. lots of kisssy face and whining and TONS of tripping over shoes and such, but, it was sooo worth it , because now they are FULLY trained... they have not been any trouble as far as the basic training like sit stay and all, actually Thunder has been the leader in all the sitting etc, cinni just follows right in que.. LOL, it is too funny when they both do the same thing, they share their toys, they share their bed, the only thing cinni has learned from Thunder is the jusmping part LMAO, she really jumps HIGH!... i am soo glad we got them potty trained and sleeping thru the night, which is great because soon we will both be returning to a night shift part tiime...

but, that is ok because when my son's alarm goes off the babies are up and at'em LOL. if we do not hear the alarm well they make sure we are UP!! then they spend the day with the backdoor open to go in and out as they please, i really think that had alot to do with why they potty trained soo fast.:D

It's great when you can finally stop watching them like a hawk, waiting for a "mistake". King and Molly were insanely easy and quick to catch on, but my last dog took way over a year, and it was so frustrating. I got very good at cleaning up, a skill that always comes in handy, unfortunately.

I hope the next two are just average, that's all I'm asking.

It's great when you can finally stop watching them like a hawk, waiting for a "mistake". King and Molly were insanely easy and quick to catch on, but my last dog took way over a year, and it was so frustrating. I got very good at cleaning up, a skill that always comes in handy, unfortunately.

I hope the next two are just average, that's all I'm asking.
LOL, i know, its nice to SLEEP thru the night too :)... those late nites and early mornings are a killer, and i now get to sleep in my own bed and not the floor anymore like i did when we were potty traning:rolleyes:... althou i got use to it, it is nice to be in a warm comfy bed..

now, all they do is come in and sit and whine at the bed to go out, which is usually when my son's alarm goes off.

ya that cleaning part is a good thing to know how to do :rolleyes:... better luck next time with the new ones.. *crosses fingers** LOL

bubbatd

Where there's a will , there's a way ! Kudos !!! It doesn't take long when you do it the right way , I am a firm believer though that it starts with the breeder , When the Mom stops the many clean ups ....it's up to the breeder . I should have had stock in kleenex back when !!

H

HarleyD

I found that the overnight stuff wasn't that bad. Since I'm a night owl they usually were taken out at 1am and then again around 7am. Sometimes I'd get woken up at 4am by the youngest, but after we let them out of the one room (hard wood floors and baby gates in the doorway) they were quiet all night long. They might get into stuff, but rarely were there any indoor accidents.
I don't believe a dog is ever 100 percent house broken. There is going to be at least one time that something happens. Whether it's overnight, or your back is turned, or they have an upset stomach and just can't make it out the door fast enough. It'll happen...you'll see. :)

Members online

No members online now.