Urgent-ish!

~Tucker&Me~

I need quick advice on breeds... I have been asked to foster a few dogs that are running out of time. The dog that they asked me if I was interested in is listed as a BC mix, but I am not convinced.

Bessie on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

She looks very shepherd-y in body, atleast imo. What do you think?

Along with her, there are a group of others. One really caught my eye, and I am hazarding ACD/BC. What do you think?

Rita on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks, I may not foster, but if I do, I would want one closest to BC or ACD temperament as possible.

Romy

Taxiderpy
The second one looks like cattle dog X something. Honestly, it's really hard to see their bodies from the angles the pictures were taken.

Since they are mixes, and who knows where their PB ancestors came from, guessing their lineage is a crapshoot way of figuring out possible temperament. Is there any way you could meet them or talk to someone who has handled them in the shelter to get an idea if they have the kind of personality your looking for in a foster?

The second one would probably get adopted pretty quickly by rescue standards, her markings are really flashy.

xpaeanx

I'll ditto Romy.

If they're both at the same place, then go down there and meet them... base your judgment on that.

Also, I would think the 2nd one would get adopted quicker...

~Tucker&Me~

Hah meeting them is out of the question, they are very, VERY far away from me :p

My friend works with a rescue and they are pulling some of those dogs, all of which are 'urgent' and have until next week. So she is asking me if I can the border collie so that they can pull him and transport him here with the others. I suppose I could call the shelter and try to get some information on them, I never considered that.

Usually the temperament of a mix breed dog is determined by the most dominant trait of the dog.
So if you take Bessie to me she looks like a German Shepeherd cross BC and probably something else. The ears are more BC than shepherd. The marking is more sheperd.
To me she is more Shepherd than BC. Difficult to say from a picture but she is probably a very interesting dog. The intelligence and sharpeness of a BC and the calmness of the German Sheperd. Companion or working dog, this is a dog you will have a lot of fun training and spending time with

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I wouldn't classify GSD's as "calm" :lol-sign:

The first girl could easily be a GSD/BC mix, or GSD something anyway. The second girl does look very ACD.

Members online

No members online now.