People these days

I was walking Boomer outside today when a kid about 5-8 runs up to Boomer. Boomer is wagging his tail expecting to pet. Instead this little kid hits Boomer's face with a plastic shovel he was carrying. Boomer seemed stunned cuz he ran behind me to hide. I was so close to knocking this kid in the face. His dad wasn't too far behind. He came and actually laughed. OOOOHHH that made me sooo mad. I just started going off on this guy and he has the nerve to push me. Having a horrible temper, I pushed this guy back and on to his back. If there was no one around , this could have easily escalated into a fight but there was a crowd of about 3 golfers running my way. Turns out this guy was golfing and his kid was playing in the sand pit (real safe place for a kid). The other golfers were friends of his coming to help him out. Whatever happened to golfers being a gentlemans sport? Furthermore, What happened to people disciplining their kids and showing them respect for animals?

I've never been so mad. I'm proud of Boomer for not ripping off that kids face. I'm proud of myself for not kicking that guy in the face when I had the chance.

sunny_day_va

SHiH TZU LOVE
!!!

I cannot believe that! I am sorry, but I would have reported that to the police or something. What ever happened to respect?! :mad: :confused:

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Aww poor Boomer. Is it just me or are gets learning to treat animals badly more and more? Give him a hug for me

I wouldn't have cared as much except the dad started laughing. What kind of parent laughs when their kid hits an animal? Wasn't he a bit worried that this dog that outweighs his son probably around 40 pounds would rip him apart? Just doesn't make sense.

-Jon

bubbatd

That's why I like dogs better than people.....I would have kicked his balls (LOL..golf that is!) (Another story I should post on General chat !)

Some people are just rude. Today when Princess did her great escape she was in someones yard, this guy came out and yelled for her to get out of here. He didnt see me. He drew back his leg like he was going to kick her so I hollared. He gave me this dirty look and walked into his garage. Dont blame you one bit for getting so angry. I know when I saw that guy act like he was going to kick my dog (even though she was trespassing) I think I could have jumped him if he had gone thru with it!

Saje

Island dweller
We got scolded today too. We were cutting across some guys field on the way to the river and he was afraid for his horses :eek: - which were fenced somewhere else. I've seen dogs get kicked! It's the dogs I'd worry about more.

ya , Im a guy. But I'm kind of a passive hippy (not really a hippy but i'm really peaceful and i like to go with the flow of things) type that used to live in bad neighborhood so I know what goes down. I also know how to defend myself pretty well (from living in bad neighborhood). I had a chance to stay in Cali or move to Nevada and start over. Decided to start over but the people here are almost just as bad.Ugh, people are just so disrespectful nowadays.

Ya I thought about beating that guy down, he deserved it, for his son's sake so he doesn't end up like his dad. BUT I'd rather have just walked away than fighting 4 different people at once. That would either end with me having kicking those guys in the face or me getting beat with golf clubs. Either one doesn't sound appealing.

-Jon

Yeah Ive gone 30 years without going to jail I wouldnt start now for simple assualt. Ild rather walk away or take a punch have him arrested and sue his a$$.

I had to take a guy's ski pole away from him while punching him in front of his 4 year old, ski patrol saw the whole thing and tossed him and his kid from the mountain for the season, I was defending my self after all.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I'm pretty hard-headed when it comes to fighting. I've just been in too many to where I don't even want one person to get the idea that they can push me around. Even if it would have required me to fight a lot of people (happened before).

Anyway, I applaud your self-control.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
besides ..if you get hit back..or hit someone in the mouth like i got hit..what happened to me could happen to you! one punch..180 thousand dollars worth of surgery, a lifetime of pain..absolutely not worth it! Much harder to hold the temper and live to fight another day in another way! I am very antiviolence..and have proven with my struggles that the other way is longer..the long arm of the law..and walking away..works in the long run..

mrose_s

BusterLove
thATS HORRIBLE, WE WERE WITH OUR 3 DOGS WATCHING A CANOE RACE WHEN SUDDENLY, A COUPLE APPEARS WITH THREE DOGS (2 ROTTIES AND A CATTLE DOG) WITH OUT LEASHES (OFCOURSE OURS HAD LEASHES), THE OTHER COUPLE TRIED TO IGNORE US UNTILL THERE DOGS STARTED BLUING WITH OURS???

WHATS WITH THAT?
IF U HAVE DOGS THAT MITE HURT SUM1 ELSES DOG, THEN PUT THEM ON A LEASH, MY MOTHER GOT UP AND JUST STARTED RIPPING STRIPS OF THESE PEOPLE, WHEN THEY WALKED BY LATER , THEY WERE CARRYING THE CATTLE DOG...

HOW HORRIBLE

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
What I wouldn't have done to just give that guy a swift kick in the butt! Anybody that messes with my pets better be ready for a fight. Not only are they my pets, but the closest thing I have to children- so if this guy's kid would have hit one of my dogs with a shovel, that would have been like hitting a little kid! Oh no, I would not have that!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
mrose_s said:
thATS HORRIBLE, WE WERE WITH OUR 3 DOGS WATCHING A CANOE RACE WHEN SUDDENLY, A COUPLE APPEARS WITH THREE DOGS (2 ROTTIES AND A CATTLE DOG) WITH OUT LEASHES (OFCOURSE OURS HAD LEASHES), THE OTHER COUPLE TRIED TO IGNORE US UNTILL THERE DOGS STARTED BLUING WITH OURS???

WHATS WITH THAT?
IF U HAVE DOGS THAT MITE HURT SUM1 ELSES DOG, THEN PUT THEM ON A LEASH, MY MOTHER GOT UP AND JUST STARTED RIPPING STRIPS OF THESE PEOPLE, WHEN THEY WALKED BY LATER , THEY WERE CARRYING THE CATTLE DOG...

HOW HORRIBLE
What exactly is bluing? I'm confused. sorry. and shredhead, good job not pummleing the guy. Dudes like that deserve it. I don't think violence is the answer and I don't necissarily believe in Kharma (well, I believe in the dog Kharma but not Kharma in general...) but there are days when I do think people will get what they deserve and this guy deserves to see his favorite thing hurt and not be able to do anything about it. Maybe someone should smash in a window of his fancy car that he inevidably drove to the golf course with a golf ball. That'd be funny. :D

bogolove

If I was with you, I would have kicked him straight in the you-know-where once you put his butt on the ground. That ticks me off. What a way to teach your kid that hitting animals is funny. I can't believe you had so much restraint as to not pound the sh*t out of him because I would have had a really hard time controling my anger towards that ignorant jerk. But I am a girl so he probably would have gotten the better of me. But hey, I do take a kickboxing class.... ;) and a lot of golfers I have seen aren't in the best of shape (This is no offense to the serious golfers out there :D )

Members online