feet splaying???

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She'll start itching really bad, chewing raw spots on herself and the skin on the insides of her ears will be REALLY pink, like Kool-Aid pink.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
ok. lol well we havent seen any of that funny stuff going on... so I will switch her to Canidae in a couple weeks and start the vitamin-C right away. But I just dont know how much to give her.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Mayasmom, I'll PM you later tonight - I just got back from visiting my breeder's house, I'l pretty exhausted! ;)

DanL

It means the foot starts sorta flattening out, not keeping a tight "cat like" shape. We have to watch that on Daisy too, our breeder says it's a diet problem.

Love That Collie

Owned by 2 Rough Collies
All of the breeders of all of my dogs past and present (Collies) have said not to feed them Large Breed Puppy food because of the rapid growth that these dogs do not need.

All three of the vets I use concur with this and basically said the same thing as Saintsgirl's vet. They are put on Adult All Life Stage type of dog food by no more than 16 weeks and fed no puppy food from then on. Chloe was weaned on Canidae All Life Stages at the breeder. The 3 vets said that a puppy/dog, if healthy will be as big as its genetics allow it to be, no smaller, no larger in the end and large breed dogs need to grow slowly over a 2 year period and some larger breeds a 30-36 month period.

They said the marketing ploy for sales on so-called "large breed" food has led the public at large into thinking that your dog NEEDS large breed foods in order for it to grow well, which just the oppisite is usually the case.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
yup... I am remadying(sp) this problem by Vitamin C 1000MG per day and she will be switching to Canidae in a few weeks once we start to get low on the IVET that she is eating now.

tinies12

It means the foot starts sorta flattening out, not keeping a tight "cat like" shape. We have to watch that on Daisy too, our breeder says it's a diet problem.
Thankyou I appreciate the expaination. I noticed that the female Rottie I rescued right foot has that problem. What can I do to correct it? She is two and a half years old?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary is doing that. I believe it is old age with her, for the vet said she is in excellent shape. I figured it was another sign of arthritis.:(

Members online

No members online now.