Cloth pull ups?

• Thread starter Backward_Cinderella
  • Start date
B

Backward_Cinderella

Anyone ever use them? We're gonna start into potty training this weekend and I'm thinking about going from cloth diapers to cloth pull ups for Winnie to make it a little easier. It isn't like she can't take her diapers off, but I want to make it as easy and quick for her to get them off as possible.
So, anyone have any experience with these? What's your favorite brand? Why? Which ones do you absolutely hate, and why?

Thanks in advance!!!

zoe08

These are what I wanted to use, but you have to either make them yourself, or buy them from someone who makes them:

Tinkle Time Trainers

Never got around to getting them or making them for Mason, but hoping to when it comes time to potty train the next one.

K

Kristen1980

Hmm never used cloth pull ups just regular ones. Let me know how you like them! I have almost 2yr old that refuses to be potty trained!!

Hmm never used cloth pull ups just regular ones. Let me know how you like them! I have almost 2yr old that refuses to be potty trained!!
Yeah, they'll do that. Chloe JUST got 100% reliably trained (not including overnight) at 3 and 1/2.

I did not cloth diaper but when it came time to potty train I just bought the old fashioned, thick training underwear. Target and Walmart sell them.

Oh 2 is still on the definite young side for potty training:) Mine were both much closer to three or possibly even over...dont remember exactly. Just before 2 they got really interested and had a couple weeks were I thought they might be, but then other developments happened with them and potty training slid back.

I never used cloth pull ups....looked into them but for me it was easier to just switch straight to thick underpants.

zoe08

We used the thick training pants during the day at first (and then just undies), but still used diapers and then to pull ups at nap/night time. So if I was doing all cloth, I would still want something like these because you can put the night time inserts in them, yet if they wake up to potty, they can still be able to pull them on/off like undies.

Mason has been day time potty trained "reliably" since September (he has been "potty trained" since last spring, but had too many accidents to call it "reliable"), Mason is 2.5 and just in the past few weeks he has started waking up dry every morning. I have let him nap in his underwear a time or 2. But I still put him in pull ups at night just in case.

We did not use pull ups at any time during the day unless we were leaving the house. We went straight to the thicker training pants and undies. Although he seemed to do better about not peeing in the pull ups, anytime we went out, he came home dry.

We used the thick training pants during the day at first (and then just undies), but still used diapers and then to pull ups at nap/night time. So if I was doing all cloth, I would still want something like these because you can put the night time inserts in them, yet if they wake up to potty, they can still be able to pull them on/off like undies.

Mason has been day time potty trained "reliably" since September (he has been "potty trained" since last spring, but had too many accidents to call it "reliable"), Mason is 2.5 and just in the past few weeks he has started waking up dry every morning. I have let him nap in his underwear a time or 2. But I still put him in pull ups at night just in case.

We did not use pull ups at any time during the day unless we were leaving the house. We went straight to the thicker training pants and undies. Although he seemed to do better about not peeing in the pull ups, anytime we went out, he came home dry.
I think your ticker is messed up. It says he's well over three and a half. lol

B

Backward_Cinderella

I've had a lot of people question weather Winnie is old enough to potty train... She IS only 15 months, but she shows interest in it. Nana Campbell bought her a potty chair for her first birthday and she loves the doggone thing. When I go, she comes in and sits on her chair and will actually pee in it before bath time. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that her cousin (whom she's around all the time) is potty training and she wants to do what he's doing, or she's just ready, but either way I'd like to make it as easy as possible for her if its what she wants to do. I just wish she would stop taking wet diapers off the second she pee's and bringing them to me. She does this and goes "UCK!" LoL!!!

Yeah at 15 mInths lilah was very interested and actually went a couple weeks with no accidents. But it was kind of like once she k ew she could, she no longer cared to. No harm it following her lead if course, just don't be surprised if it stops again. :)

Members online

No members online now.