Brandi Jacques seminar - anyone familiar with her?

Sekah

The Monster.
My training facility will be hosting Brandi Jacques at a seminar focusing on weaves and contacts next week. I don't know the name -- I thought someone might since there's a handful of Ontario agility folks on here.

Is anyone familiar with her? Would you attend a 2 hour seminar hosted by her? What are her strengths?

Cheers!

Dekka

Just try me..
She is fantastic. I hope Maf sees this as she took lessons from her. She is super nice and approachable. Considering her successes (running a shiba no less) she is one of the most down to earth and positive people I know.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Been on the podium multiple times for the AAC regionals and nationals. Went to the worlds.

I love Brandi. She is uber positive in classes and just chatting. I took a set of classes forever ago wit her pre having Smudge. Would go to her again in a heartbeat.

Sadly she moved a while ago and I haven't seen her in forever. I miss her.

I'd do the class.

Sekah

The Monster.
She sounds great. I'll definitely be checking her out then!

I Googled her when I saw the posting, and the first photo I saw was her running a Shiba, so I figured she might be something special.

Is she teaching in Toronto now? That seems to be what my Google-fu is telling me. I'm looking forward to meeting her.

MafiaPrincess

The puppy people never pulled her bio if that's where you are looking. She was on my FB, but I have to admit unless I am looking for someone I may not notice them poof. Seems she deleted herself.. She was in BC for a year plus.. twoish..

Has Soshi the Shiba her star ;) A mal she worked hard with but I've never seen compete. She was doing half runs and leaving to party last time I saw her. Sadly her baby mal was hit by a car years ago in a freak door dash when she was across the country. I kept bugging her that I wanted her to get another shiba baby.

I wasn't sure if she was back to stay or not. Where's the seminar being held?

Sekah

The Monster.
I think the groundwork is being laid for her to be at Who's Walking Who (on Parliament) next Tuesday but I'm not sure it's confirmed yet. As it stands now I think it's only been opened to staff but I suspect a few clients will attend as well.

Sad to hear about her lost puppy. That's heartbreaking.

The seminar is coming at a good time since Cohen's teeter needs polished. Actually, now that I think of it, all her contact obstacles need improvement. We're super green so far, so I guess it's to be expected. :p

MafiaPrincess

Haha. Thanks to this thread Brandi found me :) The seminar is about to be publically posted if local Ontarians want some awesome instruction.

Sekah

The Monster.
Haha. Thanks to this thread Brandi found me :) The seminar is about to be publically posted if local Ontarians want some awesome instruction.
Small world, eh?

Unfortunately we didn't have enough staff interested to fill the seminar spots, and didn't have enough time to publicize it to clients, so it fell through. I was so disappointed! I'm out of the loop though - I don't know if WWW is going to try hosting her again, or if she's doing her own thing. Where will it be posted?

MafiaPrincess

Hope they'll post it on the site (Brandi said they should though they are running out of time..) I'm a little interested..

MafiaPrincess

TY, I was looking at main seminars.. not the agility section :) I get off class early due to an exam.. So Smudge and I are going.. Smudge gets less effort and attention.. so for a dog with masters Qs.. We are a little disasterish..

I'd look better taking Cider, but she doesn't need the attention as badly..

MafiaPrincess

And I didn't get in and was super sad, but a spot opened this morning. I want this exam out of the way.. I want to go play with my puppy....

I need to go pack stuff, but I'm in the library studying..

Members online

No members online now.