Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I think I'm just lucky. There's 2 of us and he works at home and is around 99% of the time. So I don't feel this sense of impending doom at being home alone with a screaming baby... I can take a few mins to myself if I need it. He can hold screaming babies whilst I drain pasta... and so on....

Taqroy

Uh...nobody said anything about "impending doom"? All we're saying is try to stay flexible because no matter what you're expecting the reality is usually different. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, but definitely different.

Taqroy

and see, letting go of a schedule is what I had to do for us :)
That would be so hard for me! I'm definitely a creature of habit and routine lol. Actually the bit that was really difficult for me was how fast she changed in the beginning. I'd just get used to doing something and all of a sudden it was no good and I had to do something else entirely.

Fran27

Or you end up with two babies :rofl1:

Honestly I can't even comment on this. I have no idea how hard it is with one. We got lucky that we didn't have one that screamed non stop though.. but yeah it took twice the time to do everything. But we bottle fed so we were able to stick to a schedule more or less, by just adjusting times as they grew older, which is probably much harder if you breastfeed.

Either way, it's an adjustment for sure. We had to give one of our dogs away because we couldn't leave him with the babies (he snapped at them and had resource guarding issues) but he would bark for hours if gated away (and we lived in an apartment then). And you have to change your priorities - at least when they are little. It's fine to tell your 4yo that he has to wait a couple minutes for a snack before you finish something, but you can't quite do that with a baby, obviously.

But the lack of sleep was the worst, but again... two babies. Twice the time for changes/feeding at night, we ended up having to wake the other up to feed him/her too when one woke up so we would actually get some sleep... We both ended up having hallucinations :rofl1: But we got lucky because they were sleeping through the night (12 hours) at 6 months or something.

My only regret is that it was totally crazy and I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have because of it. I kinda wish I had got the single baby experience - but quite honestly I like my kids better now than they are older and you can actually talk to them and trust them not to destroy the house if you have something to do. So, it's ok if you're not a baby/little kid person... they will grow up :rofl1:

That would be so hard for me! I'm definitely a creature of habit and routine lol. Actually the bit that was really difficult for me was how fast she changed in the beginning. I'd just get used to doing something and all of a sudden it was no good and I had to do something else entirely.

LOL I'm a non-scheduler. My kid keeps trying to fall into a schedule. So inconsiderate. ;)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Two friends of mine have had twins. I don't envy them at all!!!!!! Any little girls dreaming of having twins needs to spend time with baby twins. One used to bring them into lectures with her and we'd have one each :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My younger brother and sister are twins. There is is a reason my mom told my dad afterwards that she wanted another baby so she could actually enjoy it. LOL Nothing cuter than two babies playing with each other, though.

milos_mommy

LOL I'm a non-scheduler. My kid keeps trying to fall into a schedule. So inconsiderate. ;)
Haha, right?!?!? Apparently babies love schedules. BOOOOORRRRRING.

Toddlers are awesome, though. If possible I think they're actually harder to get out of the house than infants, though (although maybe I just for used to that routine and now it's all about getting shoes on and brushing teeth and finishing breakfast and pulling clothes onto an octopus that can RUN).

But on the plus side, she hugs everything she likes, follows directions about half the time, and says more and more words in her squeaky adorable voice. She "woofs" at everything, tries to put all her clothes on the (very tolerant) dog, all sorts of cute stuff.

Fran27

My younger brother and sister are twins. There is is a reason my mom told my dad afterwards that she wanted another baby so she could actually enjoy it. LOL Nothing cuter than two babies playing with each other, though.
This, lol. I'm a bit sad I won't get a third for that reason, but we can't really afford to adopt again so... and my husband is too old now anyway :p

The first year sucks but it's SO much better after. Mine play together all the time. They don't even need me.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Part of me really wanted twins, but I'm a bit relieved there is only one!

Just wanted to share a few pictures of Nora's nursery- it's still a work in progress, but she'll be in our room for the first 6 months or so. I need to finish a painting I did for one of her walls, get some shelves for the walls, and get a book case. Her crib is still unassembled in the front as well.

Nursery in Progress! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Changing table:

Changing Table! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Dresser (don't mind the trash bag next to it haha):

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Part of me really wanted twins, but I'm a bit relieved there is only one!

Just wanted to share a few pictures of Nora's nursery- it's still a work in progress, but she'll be in our room for the first 6 months or so. I need to finish a painting I did for one of her walls, get some shelves for the walls, and get a book case. Her crib is still unassembled in the front as well.

Changing table:

Changing Table! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Dresser (don't mind the trash bag next to it haha):

A) I seriously love that nursery
B) that was the chihuahua room, right?
C) good god woman just give birth already. Evey time you post in this thread I'm like YOU HAD HER?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Love it :)

I thought I felt some quickening yesterday but I'm not 100% sure. 17 weeks so shouldn't be too far off. Can't wait :D

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thank you! I love her nursery too. I think chocolate and pink are so pretty together.

A) I seriously love that nursery
B) that was the chihuahua room, right?
C) good god woman just give birth already. Evey time you post in this thread I'm like YOU HAD HER?
It's actually our 4th bedroom that had nothing in it (besides storage stuff). The chihuahua room still exists, although we may turn it into a loft eventually. It hasn't been needed in months, since the chihuahuas have free roam of the house when we're not home.

I'm hoping she comes soon!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Between Jessie and one of my real life agility friends both being way past 40 weeks I am checking facebook constantly for babies being born. lol

GoingNowhere

I love that nursery! I was skeptical when I read about the pink and brown color scheme, but it looks amazing and extremely well done! :D I especially like the name over the crib - very cute.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
DH and I talked and we're pushing back our TTC start date to April/May 2015. :\ It's the best decision due to a couple of life factors, but boo anyway.

Members online

No members online now.