I want to Henna my hair.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Thanks! I had it in for about 4.5 hours. That wasn't as long as I had wanted to leave it in, but I didn't get it on my hair until 9pm... so it seemed like sleeping with it on would have been a bit excessive, but I also didn't want to stay up to wash it out at 3 or 4am either. =P
The girl I have coming to help me works until 2 am, and is coming over after work, so I will likely be up all night watching movies with mine in, since my boyfriend and hers are going to pick something up about 3 hours from us. :p

My boyfriend is already complaining about the henna stink just from mixing it. lol

Saeleofu

I really want to try henna, too. I hate how the boxed haircolors come out on the red end of the spectrum - after they wash out for a week or two they're great, and then they continue to fade, and blah.

So, how do you keep from henna-ing your face/neck/everything when you henna your hair?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
What she said. :) The count down is on. Thinking I will need to add some more water to my mix, though, because after setting it seems like it's gonna be too thick to be able to get all through my hair.
Yeah that was my problem. :p It does thicken up a lot after it sits, so definitely add more water. I was just afraid of making it too loose, but yeah it's not so easy to coat your hair if it's too thick.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Yeah that was my problem. :p It does thicken up a lot after it sits, so definitely add more water. I was just afraid of making it too loose, but yeah it's not so easy to coat your hair if it's too thick.
I have a "carrot" bag to use, so I am not too worried about too loose, as long as it will still work.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
How'd it go??

Day 2 and I really love the color but I feel like I'm noticing spots where I didn't get dye, now that I can look at it in the sunlight. I'm kind of conflicted because I want to redo it now to get those areas better, BUT I don't want to change the areas with color that I like!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Southpaw that makes your curls POP, and Shay the color looks so natural on you! Good job ladies :)

Southpaw, your hair looks great! I'm so jealous of your hair; I've always wanted curly hair! :)

AgilityPup, that colour is gorgeous! That's kind of the colour I was hoping for (a little darker, though, since my hair is a few shades darker than your pre-henna hair).

Unfortunately, I woke up yesterday morning annnnd... my hair looked exactly the same as before I henna'ed. I don't know if it's because it oxidized or what, but I can't even tell a difference at all -- even in sunlight. I'll probably try again in a few months.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Southpaw, your hair looks great! I'm so jealous of your hair; I've always wanted curly hair! :)

AgilityPup, that colour is gorgeous! That's kind of the colour I was hoping for (a little darker, though, since my hair is a few shades darker than your pre-henna hair).

Unfortunately, I woke up yesterday morning annnnd... my hair looked exactly the same as before I henna'ed. I don't know if it's because it oxidized or what, but I can't even tell a difference at all -- even in sunlight. I'll probably try again in a few months.
Woah, that really sucks! Wonder what went wrong. Mine is still very red today. I took a shower and the water is still dripping a very light orange. Grr. Can't seem to get it all out. My big thing right now is that it's making me crazy to see the difference in my eyebrows, but my boyfriend assures me it's not noticeable to anyone else. lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
You guys mixed your henna with something acidic and let the mixture sit awhile before putting it in your hair, yeah?

That's the only time it didn't do much for me, when I didn't mix it with lemon juice and give the dye time to release before I slopped it on my dome.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

Members online

No members online now.