BC people

mrose_s

BusterLove
Does your dog often carry with its tail up?... Quinn does a major husky impersonation whenever she's excited/stressed/assertive/alerting. When she's stalking or acting like a BC its down but half the time she's running around with it curled over so far it touches her back. lol

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dash and Dakota (my parents' dogs) carry their tails like you describe, when they're excited. I think a lot of it just has to do with where their tail is set. Dash and Dakota's tails are set up high on the rump, so it's easy for them to swing their tails up above their backs.

Eve is the complete opposite, her tail is usually either straight out behind her, or tucked between her legs.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Psyche will hold hers above her back, when she's excited and playing, straight out when she's just chillin', and she tucks it when she's on sheep/working... though, her tail is out when she does agility. I blame it on the lab/golden in her!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I was worried when Blaze was younger because he would always carry his tail curled over his back. He carries it low alot of the time now since he's not so easily excited about everything. But he still does carry it husky like.

elegy

overdogged
steve's tail is such a clear indicator of his state of mind. very convenient.

his tail flips up when he's overly aroused- usually when he sees another dog or a suspicious person he might have to bark at.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy isn't BC or even part BC, but he's half Aussie and his tail is up and over his back most of the time, unless he's stressed out or really relaxed.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
steve's tail is such a clear indicator of his state of mind. very convenient.
^ definitely! Blaze's tail is always up right before/while he barks. If he sees something suspicious it's slowly rising. If he's meeting another dog it's up.

If he sees a ball, sheep, or something creep-worthy, it's down and curled under.

~Tucker&Me~

Spy's tail is often curled over his back. Typically when he is aroused - meeting a strange dog, suspicious of a stranger, etc.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Rory's tail curls over his back when he's happy or excited.

When he goes on walks or works, it's always held down. Serious dog has serious tail to match.

Members online

No members online now.