Honest opinion - Does this look like a dog bite?

It looks like it could be.

But I honestly doubt it is. Why would a child at that age lie about it? You said she falls often on the table. She is not afraid of the dogs, and you would think if that happened she would show some fear now towards one or both.

I know when iI was that age I got bit by my aunts chihuahua, I was terrified of that dog for the rest of its life. I should plenty of fear towards him (her?). And I was about 3/4 years old, same area I got bit too.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
if anything i would say paw over teeth...

possible one of the dogs pawed her and knocked her down (hence she realy did fall lol)

it looks like it could be claws.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Kaia "punched" Aurelia in the eye 2 weeks ago, and it looked exactly like your daughter's cheek, only she got a black eye too. I mean exactly the same. If she fell on the coffee table it's plausible that maybe the dog knocked her down with its paw or jumped on her after she fell, and she thought she hit the table.

That is good to know. I was in such a PANIC past night! It looked more like the typical Dog Punch Bruising Scratches this morning. I'll see what it looks like when I get her at daycare after work.

She certainly could have fallen on a toy. Currently, her room is in a state of remodel and the living room has become the play room. There are toys strewn everywhere. She probably hit five on the way down :rofl1:

She's a kamikaze and accident prone. You can see on her forehead that she has already gone to the ER once for stitches after losing a fight to the coffee table at her grandparents' house. She's had multiple black eyes, too. She's fallen down the stairs a few times, either climbing the baby gate and falling or screwing off when she's supposed to be going down on her tummy like a safe little girl. Harry knocks her over fairly often, too. He doesn't mean to, but he's an idiot Malinois that doesn't bother to look where he's going.

This kid needs a helmet! Sometimes I just want to get her a big hamster ball and leave her in there until she's ready for kindergarten. The toddler years are going to give me a heart attack :eek:

milos_mommy

it really doesn't look like a bit to me. Maybe a nip or paw, but I think if the dogs weren't acting strangely and she didn't say it was one of the dogs, it's probably from a fall.

I agree with Xandra, it doesn't quite look like a dog bite to me either. There's just something unusual about the marks that are/are not there that make it look... off. Anything else she might have fallen on that might have made an unusual mark? She could have landed on a toy maybe?
The falling then getting pawed makes more sense than thinking it's a bite.
Put me in this camp as well.

I don't think they'd all be acting normal afterwards if something else had happened.

milos_mommy

The side by side lines could definitely be two claws! Especially if they're filed down (like a dremel or exercising on hard surfaces), it would bruise instead of scratch. If she fell one may have pawed her to see what she was doing!!

Members online

No members online now.