Canidae?

goldiefur

I just looked at pet food directs website and I see that a 33 pound bag of canidae is only $25.99 why is that? I am in shock it is so cheap I pay about $40.00 for a 35 pound bag of Bil-jac. Is canidae as good as people say it is? I want to feed my dogs the best food I can get. I am very confused now. I am now stuck between Nutro ultra, Eagle pack and canidae. If anyone has better suggestions please let me know. THANKS!!!

Herschel

I feed Canidae and I love the price, almost as much as I love the ingredients.

Canidae is a very good food, as well as Eagle Pack. Nutro doesn't belong in that list.

Fran27

It's a great cheap food. That, and most likely you will only need to feed half as much of it as of what you're currently feeding, so the bag should last you twice longer.

WES

Canidae..

I think that 33 lbs for$25.99 is a mistake. Canidae only comes in 5 20 & 40 lb bags. I feed Canidae and am very happy with it. It is good food, and a very good value for the money. I pay about $20.00 for the 20 lb bag.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Good for you for wanting to get rid of the Bil-Jack. It's not a good quality food at all and horribly overpriced.

Canidae is a good quality food offered at a very fair price. The reason why the company can keep the cost down is that first of all they don't do a lot of advertising/sponsoring and, unlike many other companies, they do not do their own feeding trials but instead just formulate and the foods to meet written guidelines.

Nutro isn't a particularly good food either, the Ultra isn't all that different fromt he regular "Natural Choice" line,e xcept with a few gimmicky supplements thrown in. The ingredient quality is the same - not great.

Eagle makes excellent foods, and some other companies you might want to check out are Natura Pet Products (Innova, Innova Evo, California Natural, Healthwise, Karma), Nature's Variety (Prairie, Raw Instinct), Solid Gold, Breeder's Choice (Pinnacle, Avoderm), Castor & Pollux, Timberwolf Organics and Natural Balance.

goldiefur

WES said:
I think that 33 lbs for$25.99 is a mistake. Canidae only comes in 5 20 & 40 lb bags. I feed Canidae and am very happy with it. It is good food, and a very good value for the money. I pay about $20.00 for the 20 lb bag.
Okay I think I was looking at the wrong food. It is Canidae chicken and rice that is $25.99 for a 33 lb bag. I think the food everyone uses is Canidae maintenence They have 5 lbs for 5.99 20lbs for 20.99 and 40 lbs for 29.99 is this the formula that you would recommend?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
They are both good foods. The regular just has several different protein sources instead of just chicken. Pick either one to start and see how your dog does. If you think there's room for improvement, you an always try something else.

Barb04

Super Moderator
My dogs eat Canidae and love it. I actually buy the new Chicken and Rice formula. My pet store will order it for me when I need it since they only stock the regular flavor.

Members online

No members online now.