The Venting Thread

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
There's definitely a learning curve and a lot of people burn out. I go through alternating phases of love and hate, myself.
My favorite vet at the clinic is burning out, and it sucks. She says on a regular basis that the job is killing her. So I don't think she'll be around for years and years, and I hope she finds something that she loves, it just sucks because she is an amazing vet, and I don't want to find another person to take care of my animals! Because greedy. :p

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Wah my boyfriend is going away for a week skiing, and I've been so busy and preoccupied I haven't really thought about it, and it's just dawned on me I'm going to miss him :(

That, and I'm TOTALLY spoilt and he does lots for me, and I'm going to have to fend for myself.... My bed is too big, I'm going to be lonely, who will make me laugh after work and hug me :(

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

Plus side - dogs in bedroom for a week. :lol-sign:

Down side - dogs in bedroom for a week....... :yikes:

SpringerLover

Its amazing how many of my coworkers admit that they are borderline alcoholics because of the field. Its insane, and not something I am able to deal with, I'm finding.
The difference between general practice and the specialty clinic I currently work in is night and day. 95% or more of our client base is respectful, friendly, and cause no problems at all. We do have disgruntled clients, as is to be expected I guess, but it's really not common.

I wasn't ever going to make it working at a general practice clinic for an extended period of time.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
"I hope you understand what I'm saying."

Oh I do. I also understand you're not listening to what I'm saying. But that's okay, I understand it's par for the course and you don't give a **** about what anybody else thinks because it's not your thoughts therefore invalid.

Ugh.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I don't think a difference clinic would make a difference at all, because it isn't the clinic/co-workers, it's the clients that cause all the stress. Except for maybe if they were so terrible that nobody wanted to go there. So...Banfield? HAH!

Any clinic is going to cause the issues I'm having. I mean, technically I would still have my mom's insurance for a while. Then maybe take out student loans to cover catastrophic insurance until I graduate? I'd really like to use all the money from my dental insurance before I go though. I have an appointment for a teeth cleaning middle of next month, so we will see if I last until then.
I think you could definitely find a clinic that didn't give you that same stress, however unfortunately you can't really know that unless you work there! We generally don't really ever have clients get upset, but we sometimes bend over backwards for them which prevents that (we are notorious for squeezing people in even if it's really not necessary...). There are other stressors though lol.

Maybe a smaller clinic?

Kootenay

Wah my boyfriend is going away for a week skiing, and I've been so busy and preoccupied I haven't really thought about it, and it's just dawned on me I'm going to miss him :(

That, and I'm TOTALLY spoilt and he does lots for me, and I'm going to have to fend for myself.... My bed is too big, I'm going to be lonely, who will make me laugh after work and hug me :(

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

Plus side - dogs in bedroom for a week. :lol-sign:

Down side - dogs in bedroom for a week....... :yikes:
Lol I'm in the exact same situation right now! My boyfriend went on tour with his band for just over a week. I really miss him, but...

DOGS IN THE BEDROOM/ON THE BED, woooot!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I think you could definitely find a clinic that didn't give you that same stress, however unfortunately you can't really know that unless you work there! We generally don't really ever have clients get upset, but we sometimes bend over backwards for them which prevents that (we are notorious for squeezing people in even if it's really not necessary...). There are other stressors though lol.

Maybe a smaller clinic?
I'm sure if I put effort into it I could probably find somewhere. But in less than a year I start my internship for school and would have to quit anyway. I would rather just go back to Chuck and Don's, where I'm already comfortable :/

DJEtzel

"I called last week and asked for my cat's records to be faxed to this clinic. It wasn't done! I need this done."

No you didn't ma'am, I haven't pulled this file in months.

(didn't tell her that of course)

Get all of the information, find the record.

"Ok, do this right now."

"I'll do this as soon as I have a second, ma'am."

"You should do it right now before you forget again."

"I'm not going to forget anything. Have a good day."

click.

Is this why people get burnt out? :p

SoCrafty

I am in a very happy, stable relationship. It is the only relationship that I haven't experienced some sort of major loss, heartache, anger or pain. Yes, I miss my boyfriend during the week. But I see him on weekends. Yes, we can't sleep in the same bed when we go on family vacations with his family. Yes, I know we are 30. I dont care that this bothers you or you find this stupid. It bothers me, too, but I kinda like it.

Yes, we've been dating for a while. We've looked at rings. It's coming. Chill the heck out. I don't care that your divorced friend with kids says that its 'way past time' and I sure as heck don't care that your friend, who takes a job only to work the minimum amount of time so she can collect unemployment says its 'past time'. Stop talking about my business to your friends behind my back.

They don't live my life. YOU don't live my life. Stop telling me I need to make a decision and have a serious conversation with him about marriage. You are ruining me. You cause me anger and stress. You harassing and pressuring me about this causes me to have chest pains. Leave it alone. Chill out. It's coming sooner rather than later. You will know before I do because he has to ask you and Dad for permission. So, just shut up about it. Oh yes, sure. Go tattle to Dad about me. What's he going to do, ground me? Yes I freaking hate my apartment. It is tiny, and its dark and I have no outdoor space. This isn't forever. I can't live with him until we are married. Oh well. You don't pay my rent so why does it bother you? Yes, I desperately want a dog. I think it will help my anxiety tremendously. But we want to pick out our first dog TOGETHER. Again. This has nothing to do with you.

Love, me.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm sure if I put effort into it I could probably find somewhere. But in less than a year I start my internship for school and would have to quit anyway. I would rather just go back to Chuck and Don's, where I'm already comfortable :/
True enough!

I have days where I want to just go back to C&D too. Urgh jobs. :p

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finally watched the series finale of Dexter and I was like "well, if I think it's going
To suck... It will probably be better"

NOPE. WTF kind
Of BS ending was that? I am so MAD!!!!! That was CRAP!!! The majority of the episode was good and kind
Of gripping but the very very end? Horse crap... Absolute sh!t!!!!

Its amazing how many of my coworkers admit that they are borderline alcoholics because of the field. Its insane, and not something I am able to deal with, I'm finding.
Burnout and compassion fatigue run rampant in this field, unfortunately. It sucks, and I'm sorry that it's not working out. :(

Doesn't help that my old boss told me to name the date that I want to come back and I'll be on the schedule. Do want. :(
That's awesome, she's awesome. :D

Maybe it would be better to go back to C&Ds and have a non-stressful job while you finish school?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Four dogs sick from their food, one dog with a UTI. I've run out of space to cuddle them all at once. Hopefully with a food change and meds for the one they're back to themselves soon...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Lol I'm in the exact same situation right now! My boyfriend went on tour with his band for just over a week. I really miss him, but...

DOGS IN THE BEDROOM/ON THE BED, woooot!
Bodhi is perfect, always has been.

Fred. Fred fidgets!!! And wakes up, and walks around, and sniffs you, yawns, smacks his lips, farts, scratches, whines, moves again, snores a bit, sleeps again, repeat.

So I've been awake since before 7 now, and he's just gone back to sleep, finally... (8am).

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams apparently barks and growls at people he sees while in the car.

This is going to be a *long* roadtrip. *sigh*

k9krazee

I am in a very happy, stable relationship. It is the only relationship that I haven't experienced some sort of major loss, heartache, anger or pain. Yes, I miss my boyfriend during the week. But I see him on weekends. Yes, we can't sleep in the same bed when we go on family vacations with his family. Yes, I know we are 30. I dont care that this bothers you or you find this stupid. It bothers me, too, but I kinda like it.

Yes, we've been dating for a while. We've looked at rings. It's coming. Chill the heck out. I don't care that your divorced friend with kids says that its 'way past time' and I sure as heck don't care that your friend, who takes a job only to work the minimum amount of time so she can collect unemployment says its 'past time'. Stop talking about my business to your friends behind my back.

They don't live my life. YOU don't live my life. Stop telling me I need to make a decision and have a serious conversation with him about marriage. You are ruining me. You cause me anger and stress. You harassing and pressuring me about this causes me to have chest pains. Leave it alone. Chill out. It's coming sooner rather than later. You will know before I do because he has to ask you and Dad for permission. So, just shut up about it. Oh yes, sure. Go tattle to Dad about me. What's he going to do, ground me? Yes I freaking hate my apartment. It is tiny, and its dark and I have no outdoor space. This isn't forever. I can't live with him until we are married. Oh well. You don't pay my rent so why does it bother you? Yes, I desperately want a dog. I think it will help my anxiety tremendously. But we want to pick out our first dog TOGETHER. Again. This has nothing to do with you.

Love, me.
You totally have the right outlook. It's your life and if you're happy that is all that matters! Parents/People have so many societal timetables and expectations but it's totally unrealistic to assume that all couples and all families are the same and should follow the same calendar of events. Bah. Keep the awesome attitude! :D

k9krazee

Just finally watched the series finale of Dexter and I was like "well, if I think it's going
To suck... It will probably be better"

NOPE. WTF kind
Of BS ending was that? I am so MAD!!!!! That was CRAP!!! The majority of the episode was good and kind
Of gripping but the very very end? Horse crap... Absolute sh!t!!!!
Bummerosity. :(

I'm just finishing Season 4!

SoCrafty

You totally have the right outlook. It's your life and if you're happy that is all that matters! Parents/People have so many societal timetables and expectations but it's totally unrealistic to assume that all couples and all families are the same and should follow the same calendar of events. Bah. Keep the awesome attitude! :D
Thank you! I try, but the whole conversation from her seems to happen more and more frequently. Lost it the other day when she brought it up again. I think I finally got it through her head though.:rolleyes:

Members online