How'd you meet your SO?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I met Rick on a reptile forum (Pangea) about four years ago. It was the first week of summer and I had nothing to do, really, so I hopped into the chat room, where he was. We got to talking and well... that was that. I was 13, he was 15. He lived in Washington State, and I was/am in Connecticut. We danced around the whole relationship thing for a few years because of distance, and decided finally to give it a shot in October of '11. He finally came to visit last August, was here for a month, and neither of us could handle being apart when he left. Six weeks later, he was back, and he's currently snoring upstairs. I couldn't be happier.

How'd you meet your guy or gal?

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
That's so cool! I love that you met your love on a forum! I've made many friends on forums. :)

I met my boyfriend of 5 years (hopefully some day will be a husband) at my former job at a health food store. I had worked there about a month when he walked in. I was immediately taken aback. When he was introduced to me and reached out to shake my hand, I missed his hand and sort of smacked him in the arm. From there we got into a discussion about awkward handshakes, and made our secret handshake (which we still do today). He later told me that he had a "love at first sight" sort of reaction, too. What neither of us realized at the time, though, was that we were 8 years apart. When we found out, it almost kept us from becoming a couple. Luckily, we decided that it didn't really matter if we cared about each other. The rest, is history. :)

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
And because I feel like cute pictures should be manditory:

His hair looks ridiculous when it's that short, but he's cute. hahaha

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Ooh! Are we doing pictures!? Here's the OH and I at his sister's wedding this past summer, pretty much my favorite picture of us, ever.

Airn

On an online game. I was probably 13 he was probably 15. Friends for years, lost touch. I talked to him again at around 18. We met for the first time in the summer of 2011 in Chicago. (He lived in Wisconsin, I lived in Arkansas.) He moved down here to be with me and we've been living together for a year now.

That's the short story, at least. ;)

milos_mommy

I'm single, but the pictures are cute!!

I met my ex-fiance and the only other guy I dated both through mutual friends. Ex-fiance showed up to a High School friend's birthday gathering, other guy (my baby's father) tagged along with a friend (who I met in the hospital) to the beach to play frisbee. Kind of boring.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Friends of friends, or I dated a few guys who once worked retail with me (after I or they quit.) A couple of guys I have met online, but long distance is not my thing, so I'm not really interested in that anymore (outside of meeting somebody local online, that is.)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
We met in college. Hubby was one of my minions when I was a lead for a volunteer community outreach engineering program ;).

He answered directly to the other lead though, wasn't on my team, so honestly I had no idea who he was other than a face and a name I hadn't connected. But we made mutual friends through the project and somehow ended up having lunch together the following term and really hit it off.

We married about a year and a half later.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Wow.. a lot of you have met online! I met my boyfriend the typical way, mutual friends. We've been together 7yrs, live together& own a dog. Still can't convince the bugger I'm worth marrying ;)

And a photo-

Because, really. Our faces aren't that interesting without Penny& I don't have any lovely photos of the three of us!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I've known my husband since he was 15, and I was 16.

We both worked at Publix and never really talked to each other. One of my friends had a crush on him, and was constantly trying to get me to set them up.

Anyway, I think he was annoyed by me for that reason! He didn't like my friend, so things never happened.

When he turned 16 (and I was 17), he had an Acura Integra. I had a Honda Civic, so we both had Hondas. I liked him and figured talking about our similar cars was a good jumping off point. I gave him my number, and we talked on the phone until the middle of the night. We went on our first date to go see Old School, and the rest was history.

Monteverde by InLimbo87, on Flickr

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Shamelessly copied from a previous thread on the subject, but none of it is different (except the ages of the kids, which I've edited), so....

My wife and I were friends in high school. We never dated (she actually liked my best friend, Bob). She moved away during our senior year and we lost touch.

Bob joined the Army out of high school and was stationed in Germany. When Iraq invaded Kuwait (back in the early 90's) he was sent to Saudi Arabia as part of Operation Desert Shield (and then Desert Storm). Unknown to me, the future Mrs. Q had moved back into the area and was in touch with Bob. He sent her a post card from Saudi Arabia. Part of the message said, "Eddie has my address, go get it from him". Since I still lived at home at the time, she knew my house and looked me up. She got the address and invited me over to watch the super bowl at her apartment. We started hanging out together and ultimately fell in love. A couple of years later I asked her to marry me. We've been married 19 years this coming September and have two daughters, 17 and 12 years old. I have Saddam Husein to thank :p (ok, and Bob, too).

I got Bob back, though. When our oldest was born, I took a second job working as a waiter at an Olive Garden. I sliced my hand pretty badly one night and did some nerve damage. One day while walking with my wife and daughter in the mall we ran into another friend, Jenny. Jenny was friends with another girl that we knew from high school but lost touch with. I asked her if she sees Beth anymore and she said, "Oh, yeah, she works at the walden books over on the boulevard". I commented to Bob a couple of days later that, "Hey, I found out where Beth is. It's right across the street from my hand surgeon. I may stop in and say Hi at my next appointment." Bob went and saw her the next day and took her out for coffee. They've been married almost 15 years now and have 3 kids, one boy (my Godson) and two girls.

We all still get together frequently. Bob and his family, my wife's best and her family (their daughter is my Goddaughter) and our family all take turns hosting a dinner party once a month.

Sorry it's long, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Taqroy

Matt and I met in college. He knew my sister (they were both in the engineering dept) and we all hung out and partied together. We were friends for 2 years and then started dating and got married a year later.

We'll have been married for five years in July. (Or June? I can never remember. It's a J month.)

LindaJD

I met my husband at work. We eventually ended up working together at 3 different companies after that. That was 30 years ago.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We met in college, we had mutual friends for a while as I was in a sorority and he was pledging a fraternity. I was dating Denis' fraternity brother. We were in the midst of breaking up, he was a stereotypical jerk, and every guy around us was either too afraid of my ex to be seen with me or just as big of an ass, meanwhile I just needed a stable friend. Denis presented that and the rest is history. We have been together five years or so. We don't have an anniversary. I shall hunt down photos of our awkwardly awesomeness.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I love love stories!

At a free party in some woods lol. Back in our raving days. He bounced up to me in the dance tent and said hello, and that was it. Shared mutual friends, remained friends on facebook etc as we lived hours apart. No intentions of romance, but flirted a lot.

Met up again about 4 years later at a different party, and never looked back. Three years this year. Had our ups and downs recently but he has tried really hard and done things I didn't expect he would (such as getting professional advice, did not see him as the type) and we are good.

Talk about a future and kids...

Not sure anyone else would put up with me and my dogs lol and the fact I'm probably really hard work and he thinks I'm easy! He's so laidback, to my slightly fruit looped.

Most recent pic.

FG167

Ok, I feel I didn't share enough LOL

We "knew" each other on a GSD forum and I shamelessly stalked Ikie because I was looking for a shepherd to do Schutzhund with. Jason was interested in Dutchies...and we both liked Corgis. He "knew" several of my SchH training club at the time so I invited him out to visit "the club" haha The rest is history...

He moved from TX to MI to be with me and then we both relocated to TN when he got an amazing job offer...quickly followed by my getting a job offer from the same company.

Couple of pics...

This is from our engagement photos. This is my favorite

A random one

Torch

Roy and I met about 5 years ago when I was still working for the YMCA (He still does). I was working at a different branch then usual, saw him from across the room, and locked eyes with him. Thankfully, it wasn't creepy. Something clicked and we were interested in each other from that first moment. After a few seconds of staring, he flashed me the biggest grin. I gave him my number and the rest is history.

In April we will have been married 2 years.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I met Mike through a mutual friend. She was same major/year as me at Purdue, so we ended up sharing all of our core classes junior (and senior) year. We hit it off and became very good friends. Without going into the weird complicated drama details, she and Mike ended up roommates due to their then-relationships coming to not-so-happy endings. So she would tell me all kinds of stories about her roommate, Mike, and he sounded like a pretty neat guy. And I got to meet his dog when I'd stop by to hang out with Amanda, and I liked her, too. :p

Anyways, May of 2011 Amanda had invited me to go see a movie with her. I stopped by the house and Mike answered the door. To hear him tell the story, he became tounge tied and absolutely smitten with me. I don't remember anything notable other than that he said, "Amanda is upstairs." LOL Amanda asked him if he wanted to join us, and he said sure. When we got to the theater and sat down Amanda ran out to talk with someone, so Mike and I were left talking alone until the movie started. We hit it off. A few days later, Amanda text me and said, "Mike wants your number. That okay?"

The rest is history. :) We've been together almost two years now. Will hopefully be getting married in the next year or so. I'm on my phone currently, so no picture. I'll post one later.

Taqroy

FG your engagement photos were amazing. They really make me wish we'd gotten some done with Murphy when we got engaged. (Murphy because he was the only dog we had then lol.)

Members online