HIi. I'm a new member!

Hi I just signed up. I wanted to introduce my self and post some pics of my baby. I Just adopted Samantha on July 3rd. She is a beagle mix. The vet says she is about 12-14 weeks, he guesses her birthdate to be may 5th of this year. My boyfriend and I recently moved into a rent house that allows pets and he said I could get a dog so his mom and I went to some local shelters "just to look" one day while he was at work. We went to the Benton Animal Control (we live in a small hick town in AR) and we saw some friends of ours in the office with a puppy. We asked if they were adopting another dog and they said, "No we found this little dog roaming infront of our house in Bauxite." Bauxite is a town in the middle of nowhere out in the boondox where a lot rednecks live. Rednecks who don't spay, neuter, vaccinate, or even bother to vet their outdoor dogs and then they just dump the puppies. Of course not all people out their are like that. Our above mentioned friends' dogs are fully vetted and fixed as well many other people we know. Anyway they checked her in since they can't keep another dog and their current dogs didn't really like her and they left. When I first saw her she was very laid back and calm. I fell in love and needless to say I went home with a dog that afternoon. They hadn't even put her in kennel yet when I decided to adopt her! I was very afraid my boyfriend was going to be mad but that was not at all the case. Since adopting her we have been out to Bauxite and shown her to the friends of ours that rescued her. They were very pleased that she found a good home. Things have gone pretty smoothely with the exception of a few accidents. Also she has Canine Papilloma Virus but the vet said the warts should go away on their own as her immune system gets stronger. So there's our story. It truly warms my heart to give a loving home to such a sweet, helpless, unfortunate animal. I especially feel good when there's a bad storm outside and she's safe inside cuddled up with me. She hates rain and thunder. I have a difficult time getting her to potty outside even if it's sprinkling. It breaks my heart to imagine her outside, soaked, and alone during the various thunderstorms in our area the weeks before we adopted her. I can't help but wonder how she ended up in the middle of nowhere all alone. Even when people dump puppies the usually dump a whole litter.

Anyway I will stop talking now. Any tips, especially advice on CPV would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Welcome--your pup is very cute!! You may want to post a question in the health section re: the CPV

Maxy24

Hi and welcome to Chazhound! I'm very glad that you rescued her I'm sure she's thankful for that. She's beautiful and cute, I'm sure you'll learn a lot here and I hope you enjoy the forum :D

Sush

Welcome to Chaz! That's a neat story, glad the pup didnt have to endure the stress of a shelter. My roommate did the same type of thing. We went in looking for a dog and ended up adopting one that was JUST being brought in. I hope to adopt from a shelter some day. I'm sure you will find this forum tons of help! :)

LuvsDogs

Hello & welcome to the forum. Samantha is a cutie. I ended up with my kitten a similar way. She didn't come from a shelter, but my son saw her being dumped & brought her home.

Members online

No members online now.