Talk about the ultimate rottie therapy, griffin :) (he needs a home)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I went back to the shelter, just to make check on a couple of older senior dogs and bring them some beds/towels to lay on (their are no beds in the kennels and alot of them have arthritis)
And i saw what JUST came in, right in front of the "surrender your dog" area, was a dog tied to the pole.. not very uncommon for people who dont want to make the effort of coming in and filling out a form... there were NO other volunteers around so i went up slowly, and he was doing a wiggle butt dance, so i said hello and grabbed his leash and walked him around. I put him into a kennel, signed him in, took his picture, and put a towel in there with him. He is the sweetest dog but hasnt gotten much adoption interest.. Lots of people look at him because he is a BEAUTIFUL rottie, but then they notice that lovely thing hanging off his behind.. his tail so they decline. hes not a mix, he just has a tail

For those who dont know, i was bitten by a rottie. But griffin is such a sweety its hard to resist him. I still cant really DO alot because of the stitches on the back of my leg, but i like to visit the shelter and just drop of beds, give some treats, or atleast bathe some of the little easier to handle dogs.

isnt he a cutie? if i could have another dog, he would be MINE.

Im still a bit scared of rotties at the shelter, and i still catch myself taking a few steps back. but griffin has managed to wiggle his butt into my heart

lizzybeth727

Cute guy! He still kinda has a puppy-ish face, maybe that helped win you over. Either way, he does look like good "therapy"!

bubbatd

Karma .... he's there for a reason and was meant to meet you .

S

Squishy22

OMG, he looks just like the rottie I had years ago. He looks like a lot of fun. Hope he finds an amazing home. Cant people appreciate a dog by its personality and temperament instead of "cosmetic" things now days? What a shame.

He could possibly be a mix. There could be another breed somewhere down the line.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
OMG, he looks just like the rottie I had years ago. He looks like a lot of fun. Hope he finds an amazing home. Cant people appreciate a dog by its personality and temperament instead of "cosmetic" things now days? What a shame.

He could possibly be a mix. There could be another breed somewhere down the line.
yaa the more i look at this picture, the more I see it. maybe he is a mix, i still emailed rottie rescue, so my fingers are crossed
ya, those are black/blue spots on his tongue :) they are soo cute

yaa.. people are soo "aww hes so handsome" and then they see the tail and they are totally turned off by it for some reason lol i dont rly pay attention to tails, either they are there or they arent

Members online

No members online now.