Rescue people rock!

Well thank you very much! Although what I do is mostly cats and not dogs, I would always drop everything to help a dog in need too.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Although it is filled with rewards to countless to mention it is also filled with the deepest sadness one will ever know.
To do rescue poses daily challenges and is time consuming, costly,and extremely emotionally eshausting but one success makes it worth going through.
It however is not for everyone.
You have to know when your efforts are no longer going to change an outcome and you have to walk away.
You also have to be capable of making decission as to fitness of dog to rehome or if PTS is the answer and realize not all dogs can be retrained or rehomed.
It is a very hard thing to do and not an effort one should undertake if they can not seperate their emotional side from the reality.
Reality is not all dogs are savable and not all dogs should be saved. Some are so badly treated that saving them is not the humane thing to do.
All those intrested in rescue should first go help at a shelter for several months and see if they are tough enough to get involved before doing it because it is a committment and you have to be able to think clearly and logically not just with your heart.
Thank you very much for the mention and praise to those of us who have taken up this wonderful cause .

Wow, thanks so much for posting this.
I agree with Aussie. All aspects of rescue are not for everyone. There are some things though that those who do not want to face the tragedy or sadness can do. If you're interested in helping a rescue, please don't hesitate to contact one in your area. They are all looking for help in one way or another whether it be adoptions, home check ups after adoption, fostering, promotion, transport, etc. I guarantee it will be the single most rewarding thing you can do outside of your family.
My husband, 4 dogs, cat and I foster small puppies (16 weeks & under). We have seen some sad things and have had 2 of our fosters pass. One at our house. But, the ones who make it to their forever home far out way the heartaches. Right now we are nursing a little beagle mix boy through kennel cough. He coughs more than not and my heart just breaks for him. We are determined to get this little guy in good health so that he can have a long, happy and healthy life.

Members online

No members online now.