dog attack blind woman

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Oh geez.. here we go again... gosh, we should just ban all pit bulls because all pit bulls are bad. :rolleyes:

I'd like to know how they know a pit bull attacked... the woman is blind... does her dog talk?

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
Oh geez.. here we go again... gosh, we should just ban all pit bulls because all pit bulls are bad. :rolleyes:

I'd like to know how they know a pit bull attacked... the woman is blind... does her dog talk?
wow, now that I think about it, your right...And even if there was witnesses, I know some people that couldn't tell a poodle from a dalmatian...lol

I remember I went to a park with Samm once and some person came up to me and asked if she was part pit bull...I seriously thought they where joking, but they where dead serious! :eek: the world is filled with strange people...

tac_1

Teri's babies
How truly awful! I pray that she and her guide companion will both be okay! I seriously doubt he'll be able to guide ever again, looks like if he makes it, he'll go into retirement. Just so sad...

jess2416

Who woulda thought

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I guess the blind lady and the people that witnessed the attact just made it up so that they could pick on pit bulls............:rolleyes:
Did we read the same article? Because I didn't read anything about eye witnesses and since when can a blind woman SEE?

I feel badly for all involved, but let's get the facts straight before you start condeming all the pit bulls, ok?

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
you never know, and since so many people think pits are bad, they might have just asumed it was a pit bull, because it attacked someone...I mean how could any other dog be agressive besides a pit bull?? :rolleyes:

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Just for reference, emphasis mine of course.

Dog attacks blind woman
By DAN X. McGRAW
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

FORT WORTH - A blind woman and her guide dog were attacked Sunday morning by a pit bull, a police dispatcher said.

After the 8 a.m. incident, the woman was taken by an off-duty paramedic to Huguley Memorial Hospital and her dog was taken to I-20 Animal Medical Center, officials said.

The woman, whom officials did not identify, was attacked by the pit bull in the 3700 block of Bridalwreath Drive, in far south Fort Worth near McCart Avenue at Sycamore School Road, a Fort Worth police dispatcher said.

An employee at the I-20 Animal Medical Center, who had spoken to a relative of the blind woman, said the woman did not want to comment for fear of retaliation from the pit bull's owner.

The mixed-breed guide dog was recovering in the intensive care unit of the veterinary center.

It was not known Sunday evening what happened to the pit bull or its owner.

Fort Worth police spokesman Lt. Dean Sullivan did not return e-mail or phone messages Sunday

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
you never know, and since so many people think pits are bad, they might have just asumed it was a pit bull, because it attacked someone...I mean how could any other dog be agressive besides a pit bull?? :rolleyes:
That's right. Besides, how many articles say "pit-bull type" dog or make some other reference to pit bulls?

There is a man at the dog park... every single new dog he meets he says, "looks like a pit bull" or, "must have some pit bull in him." The last dog he said that about was a freakin chi mix!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
That's right. Besides, how many articles say "pit-bull type" dog or make some other reference to pit bulls?

There is a man at the dog park... every single new dog he meets he says, "looks like a pit bull" or, "must have some pit bull in him." The last dog he said that about was a freakin chi mix!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know, like I said in a above post, someone asked me if Samm was part pit! :eek: some people are just clueless..lol

This is kinda off topic, but...

Would BSL not only ban pit bulls, but GSD too? i hope not..:(

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Would BSL not only ban pit bulls, but GSD too? i hope not..:(
BSL can apply to any breed at any time. It's whatever happens to fit the mood of media these days.

I can remember chows being in the headlines.... rotties... pit bulls.. maybe german shepherds are next? Who knows... all that I do know is BSL is wrong and people that support are generally uneducated.

moxiegrl

"THE PITBULL DID IT"

By Moxiegrl

Anytime a dog is attacked, no matter the breed, a pitbull is responsible. The owner is not held accountable, because the dog was "bred" to fight and attack anything that moves. We should outlaw these horrible fighting dogs, and ignore any dog attack that involves a different breed. Because only pits and pit mixes are "bred" to do this!

Happy now Bobsk8?

*sorry im in a bad mood today*

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Aw, Moxie.. you only expressed how all of us dog lovers feel about condeming pit bulls... I find it better to ingore the uneducated when they don't want to try to learn and do your best to educate those who are willing to learn and accept reality.

B

Bobsk8

Well according to the article, the blind lady knows who the dog belongs to ( probably a neiighbor) and doesn't want to report it for fear of the neighbor. I guess bashing the blind lady and implying that she is lying, is better than criticizing a Pit Bull, heaven forbid...

.And sorry I am in a bad mood too and sick and tired of reading over and over and over about innocent people's safety placed in jeopardy by Pit Bulls that people own so they can look tough and macho in the neighbor, and then these very dogs run around and terrorize people. It's like letting someone play with a loaded gun on your neighborhood street.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
We arn't saying the lady is lying, and I'm not saying it wasn't a pit bull, I'm just saying you never know..

Bobsk8 may I ask why you don't like pits?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
She is blind for goodness sake! How does she know what dog attacked her? That has been my point all along. There are no witnesses according to the article, only what the dispatcher says. Heaven forbid it NOT be a pit bull!

B

Bobsk8

She is blind for goodness sake! How does she know what dog attacked her? That has been my point all along. There are no witnesses according to the article, only what the dispatcher says. Heaven forbid it NOT be a pit bull!
Kindly point out in the article , where it states there are " no witnesses"
. If you can't, then please stop claiming that.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Kindly point out in the article , where it states there are " no witnesses"
. If you can't, then please stop claiming that.

Where does it say there are?
A credible reporter would obtain witness testimony, not "a dispatcher said." The dispatcher wasn't there either! There is no support for the article whatsoever.

You just want to believe what you want to believe, as ignorant as that makes you. All pit bulls are bad in your eyes.

I hope your dog is never involved in any kind of fight, because, God forbid, your animal should be deemed dangerous.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
BSL can apply to any breed at any time. It's whatever happens to fit the mood of media these days.

I can remember chows being in the headlines.... rotties... pit bulls.. maybe german shepherds are next? Who knows... all that I do know is BSL is wrong and people that support are generally uneducated.
for some reason I have a bad feeling that is what will happen, people have been pretty weary or GSD lately...If someone ever took Samm away I would..i don't know what I would do...:yikes:

People think she's a bad dog just because she is part GSD, that is horrible...she is the best dog in the world (my world) and I don't know why people freak when they see her! :confused: If only they knew her...

Members online

No members online now.