Check out this lovely kennel

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
Way to go Sparks, I loved the way they blew you off and said your answers were on their website, any moron (who would buy their pups) would probably say "oh, I must have missed it somewhere, they must be ok if they put that information on their website."

The pictures on the website, looked sickly animated and I was absolutely disgusted at the basset hound, which I agree did not look like a basset hound at all!!!

I feel for these poor pups and pray they end up in decent homes or someone cracks down on this breeder. :(

Oh, and it was disturbing to me too the fact that they said labs were dumb...I have never seen a dumb dog before, maybe a dumb owner or breeder, but not a dumb dog!

Selkhet

Den Mother
motherofmany said:
I guaranteed hips. Well, to be perfectly accurate, my contract stated that should the dog develop dysplasia, the purchase price would be refunded and corrective surgery at a reduced price would be made available through my vet. (Puppy buyers were also educated about proper joint care) I did this with confidence because for 12 generations, sires and dams were OFA Good or Excellent and for 2 generations of my production, every dog produced was OFA Excellent or Good with one exception, one puppy that tested Fair- you see, I required all my puppy purchasers to bring the dogs back for OFA (which I paid for) because I wanted to know what was happening across litters, not just with my show and breeding prospects.

Somehow I doubt the mill this discussion is about would ever do anything like this, but it is common among reputable breeders to guarantee hips and to do testing beyond breeding stock is becoming more common.

BTW, my last litter is now 6 years old, and still, no hip problems :)
I believe that's what any good breeder would do. They can guarantee the hips of their dogs because of extensive testing and re-testing of sucessive generations. You learn which animals have the best hips and breed only from them, thus reducing the risk of your dogs developing displaysia. - Something I don't believe this kennel is doing.

But as great as your breeders are, you still can't guarantee that any of your dogs will never have displastic hips, (and you have implemented a very generous return/refund policy if that should happen.) I was just trying to say that in my earlier post, but I probably mangled it. :)

I didn't see anywhere on that site that they actually do OFA their hips, all I saw was how many times they stressed that OFA ratings are unreliable and basically useless. I would guess that means they don't OFA, and try to justify that decision by underminig the reason for OFA in the first place.

For those interested the Iridell County Humane Society replied saying that the Kennel is not in their district. She informed me that kennels are under the regulations of the Agriculture Dept. of NC and that the local Animal Control in that county could be contacted.

Ag of NC:

(919) 733-7125

Cleveland Coutny Animal Control (Why are they always on "Airport Rd"?)

1601 Airport Road
Shelby, North Carolina 28150-3998

Telephone: 704-481-9884
Fax: 704-480-7580

motherofmany

Clicker Extremist
Selkhet said:
I didn't see anywhere on that site that they actually do OFA their hips, all I saw was how many times they stressed that OFA ratings are unreliable and basically useless. I would guess that means they don't OFA, and try to justify that decision by underminig the reason for OFA in the first place.
Like every single BYBer or puppymill out there :( It' s seems like there are several layers of b***s**t that they use. "There are no problems with ___ in my dogs, so I don't need to test." and "The tests aren't 100% accurate anyway...."

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Cleveland County Animal Control (Why are they always on "Airport Rd"?)
Is Cleveland County the actual county of where this "so-called" kennel is or is it in Iredell County ?

The chick at the Iredell county HS said it was in Cleveland county...which I guess would make sense, considering the kennel is in Cleveland.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I was looking to see where it was.. I am so near there well near Cleveland county

R

RedyreRottweilers

Your ever present omnipotent knowledge is amazing, makenzie.

Try this on.

The TOWN of CLEVELAND is in IREDELL county.

B

brock23

I'll call them tomorrow to complain and then I am calling the internet police on them for that stupid talking website of theirs.

RedyreRottweilers said:
The TOWN of CLEVELAND is in IREDELL county.
How should I know? The Iredell County Humane society just told me it wasn't:

Thank you for your concern for these puppies. Although Cleveland is not in
Iredell County
. Just so know you know though kennels fall under the
regulations of the Agriculture Dept. of N.C. Also you can contact the local
Animal Control in that county. Contacting both agencies would be your best
bet. Hope this helps.
I live in Texas, not North Carolina...I took the word of someone who lives there. You'll have to forgive me.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
RedyreRottweilers said:
Rowan and Iredell border, and the border is very close to Cleveland.
I know...I have just always known it to be in Rowan, but as much as they change county lines up here (or down here depending where your at) who knows where its at ;)

R

RedyreRottweilers

FWIW, I will be away at dog shows until late MOnday, but if leg work is needed, Cleveland is a very short ride from me.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Its not that far from me either about an hour.. Good luck at the dog shows :D

B

brock23

Anyone call these breeders today? I call them tomorrow and bust their balls a little to stir them up.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Brock, your dog looks exactly like one we just saw at the dog park, impossible of course, but the expression... exactly the same.

Anyways, I emailed them and have not heard from them. I didn't bash, but asked some questions about their "policies." We'll see what happens. I hope I ruffle some feathers. I was shocked at a lot of what I saw on their website...

B

brock23

brock23 said:
Anyone call these breeders today? I call them tomorrow and bust their balls a little to stir them up.
He has only been out of my site for a few minutes today, but maybe hehitch hiked to CA. ;)

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
brock23 said:
He has only been out of my site for a few minutes today, but maybe hehitch hiked to CA. ;)
Brock, have you called them? I can't tell you how angry I was over it for a couple of days, but I've managed to calm down now.... :D

Members online

No members online now.