Official "Dinner" Thread

Barb04

Super Moderator
Found an easy lazagne recipe.

Use cheese ravioli instead of pasta/cheese. All you have to do is layer the ravioli with sauce and mozzarella/parmesian and bake.

GipsyQueen

MMMmmm I'm baking Rosemary Garlic bread right now, which will be included in our dinner! YUM! I'm also bringing my great-grandmother some. It smells AMAZING! =)

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Where did you hear that rumor? LOL

Actually my pulled pork is quite simple and nothing fancy, but it is GOOD!

I toss pork in the crock pot, it can be whatever is cheapest and on sale.......a pork roast, country ribs, normally at least 4-5 lbs of WHATEVER. I prefer boneless because it makes my job easier :D

Add about 1-2 cups water. I chop an onion and bell pepper and toss it in. I cook it all night long on low. The next morning I drain the water and shred the pork with two forks.

I dump a bottle of my favorite bbq sauce in with it and let it cook all day on low.

Done :)
I'm making this for dinner tomorrow! YUM!

My husband will be SOOOO happy -- he LOVES pulled pork!

Thanks for posting the recipe up.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Pork chop, steamed veggies and mashed taters tonight. I'm good and full.

Tonight . . .

Grilled swordfish steak with mango salsa over foil grilled flounder with lime and ginger, new potatoes with rosemary and sea salt in olive oil and butter, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber and onions in white balsamic and lemon infused olive oil.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Looks d*mn tasty!

I tried our feature tonight, which was grilled skate fillet topped with a citrus shrimp sauce (shrimp, artichokes, lemon/OJ juice, mushrooms and cream) served with mashed potatos and choice of greens. Not bad at all! And I'm not a fish person. I got the buffalo chicken wrap for my dinner though, also quite tasty. I love it...I have yet to eat anything there that I absolutly hate! A couple things I probably wouldn't order all for myself, but still pretty good over all.

I have, in the oven on 350 degrees, a shoulder roast. 100% Angus, not 50/50 like they sell in the stores as certified Angus, no hormones, no antibiotics, just grass, hay and corn fed bull calf . . .

Marinated overnight in red wine, dijon, worcestershire, a touch of sorghum, horseradish, a little garlic, pepper, red pepper and sweet onions.

It's been roasting for an hour and a half with bacon laid on top of it. I just laid a layer of quartered russets on top of that with a sprinkling of coarse sea salt.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Tonight we're making "tropical chicken," which is baked chicken with pineapple, brown sugar, vidalia onions, and green pepper. There is a rice that goes with it and it has green pepper, onion, and pineapple in it as well.

How'd your meatloaf turn out, Zoe?

I just got one out of the oven. There was some ground beef that needed to be used and I had some leftover couscous, so meatloaf was kinda the obvious choice, lol. It turned out to be one of the best ones I've made.

MelissaCato

ĜȫƝ ₩īĿÐ
We had 3 catfish, london broil, collared greens in bacon drippings, fresh hot apple sauce and a smores over a pit useing 7 year old hickery logs.

Christopher a Vanilla milk shake.

And me of course a glass of Sweet Rodeo Red. :D

Dani

Ninja Dog
I call this dish....Joy Luck Chicken with Smiling Panda Sauce! It's simple to make, but very good.

Boil as many chicken drumsticks as desired in hot water over the stove until cooked. Drain and put in a plate or bowl. This is the Joy Luck Chicken

Mince equal parts ginger and green onion (either by hand or blender). Put in bowl. Heat olive oil over stove. Add to ginger and green onion mixture. This is the Smiling Panda Sauce.

Enjoy with rice and any green vegetable of choice.

zoe08

How'd your meatloaf turn out, Zoe?

I just got one out of the oven. There was some ground beef that needed to be used and I had some leftover couscous, so meatloaf was kinda the obvious choice, lol. It turned out to be one of the best ones I've made.
It actually turned out really good :) Somehow I always do better at the more complicated things to make that take longer and require more ingredients.

When it comes to making Mac & cheese or mashed potatoes they just never turn out as good my Nanny's or my Mom's.

I can do spanish rice, enchiladas, ribs, lasagna...but have trouble making brownies from a box...LOL

BuckarooT35

Cooper's Mom
Dinner last night: supposed to be Vietnamese Cha Tom but I changed two things -- instead of boiling the parcels, I steamed them and instead of just shrimps, I added a lb of catfish fish pieces. It is really very good. Last night's leftover was fried this morning for lunch served with iceberg lettuce and Kraft's Caesar Salad dressing. For tonight more leftovers will serve as a dressing for my penne rustica with lots of prawns and cooked half breast of chicken. Wine will be white lambrusco -- straight from Italy. This is a versatile dish. I love it.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Dinner tonight! I am cooking for the mother in law that hates me! Yipes!

Mushroom stuffed chicken with creamed cauliflower.

Chicken breasts with skin on.
Fry 1lb chopped mushrooms in olive oil until cooked. Lift skin of chicken and stuff with mushrooms. Season breasts and place in oven proof dish. Pour chicken stock around breasts and cook for 35 minutes.

Steam cauliflower until soft and mash, add cheese sauce and blend.

Serve with roasted veggies (and broken glass for mother in law)

BuckarooT35

Cooper's Mom
Dinner tonight: Twisty pasta Rustica with slices of Italian loaf, white wine and a bowl dulce de leche ice cream for dessert...I think I put a little bit more cayenne pepper than usual...but doggie loves his share too, so I will not complain...:p

Members online

No members online now.