Meet Boomer.... (lots of pics)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
He is adorable.

As for breeds - he could be a mix of ANYTHING. Bodhi has FIVE breeds in her, and you would never guess them all unless you knew. Like I do :D

nancy2394

The story of Boomer continues to unfold. Apparently guilt has been getting the best of TJ. He plops himself down in the chair next to me and says "you're probably gonna be mad at me, but I have to tell you something"

And of course my mind instantly goes into over drive thinking thw worst possible things that he might tell me any second.

Turns out that when this pup showed up at our house that night and TJ let him in for a few hours to warm up.... well, he put him back outside and went on to bed. First of all... I'm shocked he put a poor little baby dog outside in the cold all alone in the dark. But he did... and when he got up that next morning to come pick me up at work the pup was asleep on the front porch where he had left him the night before.

He didn't want the pup hanging around our house so he brought it down the street and literally put it in a ditch down by the railroad tracks that has a stream running through under it.

As TJ climbed out of the ditch he noticed the pup fell into the water and began to whimper. He got in the truck and started to drive away...leaving that poor pup behind.

As he's telling me this, I was about to cry. I was ashamed for his behavior and lack of concern for an animal like that. Well, then his voice shaked a bit and I could see the guilt on his face. He said he was driving down the road and thought to himself "what kind of an A&@HOLE are you?!?" He turned around and went back to where he put the puppy.

The pup was soaking wet and shivering because he was so cold and scared. TJ scooped him up and took him back home and dried him off. He brought him with him for the ride to come pick me up at work. And the whole time he drove to get me the pup layed in his lap so trusting of him.

I am still shocked TJ would do such a thing... that's not like him. And I think he was so ashamed of what he did and it's been eating at him for 2 days now. Boomer has obviously forgiven him since he's so attached to him already. He still cries when TJ in not near him. He really doesn't want much to do with me, which saddens me.

Please don't flame TJ for what he did. It was a horrible decision he made at the spur of the moment not thinking. He realized how wrong he was and he did right. He has accepted full responsibility for this pup who was dumped in various places so many times already in his short life so far.

The more I find out about this poor pup's life it just breaks my heart. I am determined to try and make this work. I hope things work out. He's really a loving and sweet puppy. But he chews anything and everything any time you take your eyes off him for a second. I guess that must be the lab coming out in him...lol. I've had pups before and never had them chew like this one does.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Wow. . .he's a very cute one. . .sooooo adorable. *melts*

Poor pup.

Members online

No members online now.