Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy

tcreed

Hello, I'm a newbie with a 8 week old solid black german shephard "Dante". The breeder has him on Kirkland brand chicken and rice formula, and someone recommended the new Purina Pro Plan food. Does anyone know anything about it?

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *Nikki*

Barb04

Super Moderator
Don't use Pro Plan. There are much better foods out there to feed your pup. Many of us use Innova. My dogs are on Eagle Pak Holistic. To read a good site about which food are good quality go to this link that Renee always posts:

www.greatdanelady.com

You do not want to feed your dog anything made by Purina. Nasty, toxic, unhealthy stuff.

I can't say enough good about the Innova (www.naturapet) and the other lines of food made by Natura Pet, and there are other good quality foods out there. The link Barb gave you is excellent, and Mordy's site, www.mordanna.com has excellent information as well.

Saje

Island dweller
www.mordanna.com/dogfood

lol I did that before and she corrected me. Maybe she doesn't want us on her personal page. :D

I agree with everyone else. I wouldn't feed my dog anything by purina. :( Innova, Eagle Pack, and similar brands are pretty good ones. Learn more about nutrition and dog food by reading through past threads. It's very interesting.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
it's really not a problem to link to my main homepage, but some people might get confused and not immediately realize why exactly they arrived there. :)

as to the food question, if you are on a tight budget, the kirkland is your best bet. if money isn't as much of a concern, you can look into the better quality products like innova, canidae, eagle pack, natural balance etc.

Members online

No members online now.