The dog musing/vent thread

We went for a very long skijor this morning and now Squash is in Overtired Spaz mode. SQUEAK AND FLING ALL THE TOYS. Soon I expect he will crash.

He's ridiculous.

DJEtzel

Apparently Frag has learned how to correct puppies! Shocker, I know... he's always been the type to let them walk all over him.

Well, Patton finally started learning dog behavior tonight, since Ricky is such a pushover. XD He wasn't a fan, but it was necessary.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I just heard word we may have an ORT nearby in a couple months! :D :D :D

Sad news: no fun run this weekend so no Summer agility videos. :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams has discovered he has balls and is full fledged into the bratty no manners I don't have to listen to you teenager phase. OMG. Kill me now, please. When do they grow out of this?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Abrams has discovered he has balls and is full fledged into the bratty no manners I don't have to listen to you teenager phase. OMG. Kill me now, please. When do they grow out of this?
I am chopping Merlins off myself if he doesn't calm. down.

He has started....
- Suddenly darting towards "VERY IMPORTANT" stationary objects on walks to mark. It's like 12 pees per walk now.
- Barking/sassing/growling at other dogs at the store. Even puppies!
- Ignoring me when I call him

*******!

Katem

Can we ship the gross boy dogs off somewhere and all go enjoy some drinks? Badger lifted his leg twice in class last week and since then has decided EVERYTHING EVER NEEDS TO BE PEED ON! Oh and apparently Pig's pee is just so delicious, complete delicacy. Boys are just so gross. He's lucky that he's cute.

I am chopping Merlins off myself if he doesn't calm. down.

He has started....
- Suddenly darting towards "VERY IMPORTANT" stationary objects on walks to mark. It's like 12 pees per walk now.
- Barking/sassing/growling at other dogs at the store. Even puppies!
- Ignoring me when I call him

*******!
Boys seem to go through this exact phase, or at least Traveler did. It's like the hormones all surge in and overwhelm them. But! They level out usually I think! Just beat him :D Worked for me.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Boys seem to go through this exact phase, or at least Traveler did. It's like the hormones all surge in and overwhelm them. But! They level out usually I think! Just beat him :D Worked for me.
Yeah, I always remind people it's like owning a 15 year old male, when they are teenage puppies. Good luck to you boy owners. Mine marks, but at least she is a good little girl and marks outside. Let's not talk about heats, m'kay? :rolleyes:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
We used to have a dog at daycare (Jimmy!!!!) who would masturbate himself to completion. Like others, the other dogs would stand around and watch. He didn't care. And yes it was oral. Nothing would stop him. We could squirt him with the water hose and he would just get up and move somewhere else to finish. It was the most disturbing thing ever.

Luckily no one else joined in. So gross. And he'd been neutered at like 11 weeks old!!!

DJEtzel

I'm so lucky that I never had an issue with hormones in the male body with my dogs. XD

Wouldn't surprise me if Patton was the odd man out- of course the one who is going to grow slower and stay intact.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
We went for a very long skijor this morning and now Squash is in Overtired Spaz mode. SQUEAK AND FLING ALL THE TOYS. Soon I expect he will crash.

He's ridiculous.
I hate that mode. Unfortunately for me, it's rare that Jari will actually crash. So in the crate he goes to sleep!

I just heard word we may have an ORT nearby in a couple months! :D :D :D

Sad news: no fun run this weekend so no Summer agility videos. :(
Yay! And booooooo! I was so looking forward to seeing her run!

I don't know but I'm in it now, too. Jari actually marked in my training building a couple of weekends ago. He's been going there and sometimes had free reign of the place since he was 8 weeks old. Never had an issue. Grrrrrr..... He's actually getting seeking out cuddles more which isn't terrible, but everything else about this age can go away now.

Slick

Kristina
Quick Question: How small is too small for an antler chew toy?

I want to take it away before it becomes a choking hazard, but don't know when it would become that. When do you take it away?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Quick Question: How small is too small for an antler chew toy?

I want to take it away before it becomes a choking hazard, but don't know when it would become that. When do you take it away?
I take mine away when they're small enough that they can get stuck inbetween the back teeth. So about 1 to 1.5 inches. Even if they're still big around, I don't want to risk them getting stuck or swallowed whole.

Of course, this varies per dog, and Indy will never put one completely in her mouth to chew, she always holds it with her paws, but I still take them up because Ozzy and Enzo sort of just chew on them like cigars once they're at that size.

crazedACD

I've been eyeing this show n go tomorrow, and was excited about it. I tried to get my registration in but it's complicated to enter this stuff sometimes.. (I don't usually do 'snail mail' :p). The website said day of show entries were accepted, for a little bit more per run. Yay! Said nothing about entries being limited.

So I go to look at the website tonight to get the information I need for tomorrow, and it says the show is full and day of show entries will not be accepted. What the hell. I would have made sure I got my stuff in if I knew that. :( Good thing I looked, I almost didn't.

DJEtzel

I've been eyeing this show n go tomorrow, and was excited about it. I tried to get my registration in but it's complicated to enter this stuff sometimes.. (I don't usually do 'snail mail' :p). The website said day of show entries were accepted, for a little bit more per run. Yay! Said nothing about entries being limited.

So I go to look at the website tonight to get the information I need for tomorrow, and it says the show is full and day of show entries will not be accepted. What the hell. I would have made sure I got my stuff in if I knew that. :( Good thing I looked, I almost didn't.
This is how most performance events work- dos entries will be accepted at the club's discretion if the classes don't fill. It's always a chance you take.

Members online

No members online now.