The Good News thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I bought an avocado this weekend, semi-planning to make avocado chocolate pudding.
Well, I was SUPER low for my calories today so I decided to make it. Let me tell you how difficult it was to take my first taste... I really had to steel myself for it. I was ready to gag and spit it out.
But it was actually okay.
So I decided to eat it.

As I'm sitting here continuing to eat the bowl it keeps getting MORE AND MORE DELICIOUS. HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING. OM NOM NOM NOM

and because it only takes 1/2 an avocado to make it I CAN HAVE MORE LATER (or tomorrow.)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Tomorrow is already Wednesday!

Which I suppose for most people is like "blarrgghhh it's only Wednesday" but since I have Thursdays off, Wednesday is a pretty big deal. :p The week just seems to be going by fast, I just have to get through tomorrow and then I get a glorious day off :)

Also, this part should sooo go in the venting thread but I have a hard time being sad about it - I had it confirmed today that once we get through the busy season and we start slowing down again, my hours will be cut back to what they used to be. Not really sure when "busy season" ends though. I should be upset about less money, but I hate Wednesdays. And let's face it, working 8-2 on Wednesday and then having Thursday off, is a wicked cool setup.

And. I finally picked a food that my cat is happy to eat. AND he's pooping normally. AND he hasn't been vomiting. Pluses all around. I was going to get real angry if I had to return yet another bag of food. I don't know how many half-full bags of food a person can return before the store starts to get suspicious LOL.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I just bought 3 new collars :D I don't know why, as the dogs don't wear them in the house, and they generally get FILTHY when they go outside... But this is what happens when you have idle hands :)

2 for Fred and one for Bodhi!

Bodhi:

Fred:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
PUPPY! :D

And, my Grandma is doing very well with Cooper and Gracie so far. She sat with them and rocked them in a chair for an hour after we left so they wouldn't feel lonely, and then they spent the evening outside with her while she read. I'm really hoping it will work out for them all and she will keep them both. She is really gun shy of having two dogs at once as she's only ever had one dog...but I think they will be so good for her, and she them.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
OMG PUPPY?? When!? There better be tons of pics you don't post enough pic as it is!

I hope it works out for Gracie and Cooper :)
Puppy will be arriving in 3 weeks, if all goes according to plan. I'm having a bit of a freak out - I'm insane for wanting a puppy!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've been really sad for a couple weeks... it wasn't really caused by my job stress but one day I was leaving work, got in the car, and one of my former stations was on. And I had this sudden intense longing and sadness over how much I missed being in radio, how sad I am to have to say "former stations." I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was back working at the radio station and even in my dream-mind I remembered how to do all the difficult technical aspects of my job down to the unique variances between stations. I don't even know where the dream came from.

Today was another "I really miss radio" day. I don't miss the drama, many of the people, the low pay. I just miss radio. I can't really explain it, I know my other radio co-workers who have since left radio would understand what I mean. It's such a unique culture and it's own little world. We were filming an instructional video at work and were talking about voice-overs and the natural suggestion from my co-workers was "Um, you with the radio experience. You do it."

And tonight on Psych they were in a radio station. My heart. It's broken over the life I used to live.

I just can't explain it. I hated working there, spent years trying to get away, and working in radio has so many bad aspects of it that I was happy to leave behind. And yet I just miss it. So much.

My friend just sent me an e-mail asking me my thoughts about (what used to be) our podcast... so I had an opening to tell him "I want to be involved weekly again!" Which I have wanted for ages and have been angry and hurt over not being involved (so much that I actually ignored some of his texts and a phone call a few weeks ago because I just was so upset and didn't want to be mean.) Which means I will get to set foot in the station again since that's where we record, and I will get to sit behind a microphone again, and most of all I will get to see my friend every week again!
I'm cautiously optimistic that this will happen and I will get my radio itch scratched.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I remembered to buy Tabasco sauce when I got groceries. I fecking love this stuff.

And I'm getting a new piercing tomorrow and am so excited because its been like 2 years and my one ear is pretty bare.

Appreciating the awesome little things today. Yup.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Wesley was a rock star at herding practice today! We were working on Walk Up, There, That'll Do, Here, over and over again- but we need that initial control to get up to the point that he's actually moving the sheep. It looks like he's going to be able to get up close with the sheep and not scatter them, which is a good thing- he knows his pressure point and can control it. I am so impressed with him.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Tyler and I are going home today for over a week. I am so so so so excited. While Tyler goes away on a camping trip with friends for the May long weekend I get to spend the weekend with my parents and the dogs just relaxing and doing stuff, I am just so excited to spend time with them. Oh, and I finally get to meet my parents new chihuahua Fancy.

And then next weekend is my little cousins wedding, which I am so exited for. I am close to both of them and the groom is my brothers best friend, so he is in the wedding party. Now I just have to decide what dress I want to wear.

Percy has been with us for six month as of the 2nd (bad on my part, I didn't even realize it) I have not shipped him off to China as a food donation, and he hasn't managed to kill himself with his spazzy nonsense. <3

Members online

No members online now.