Baby Rumor Photos!

Toller_08

She was (and still is) adorable! I didn't know she was related to Trice. I love the last picture of her. :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Yep, she's a full sister to Trice. I think I had every puppy in that litter in my house at one time or another, save for ONE! The ones to spent the most time with me were Rumor and Sunny. Here are a few of my favorite photos of my Sunny Bunny. I was sooo close to just permanently keeping her, her breeder was pretty happy with her living with me! Sunny stayed with me for about a month as a baby, then almost a full 6 months when she was a teenager. She now lives with an AKC judge, and is a few points away from her championship.

She was a bad dog though, very stressful to live with. She ate fabric, tore up her crate blankets, howled in her crate nonstop, pooped in the house even after months of potty training, and she *could not* settle down - even after hours of physical and mental exercise.

I still love her to bits though. I wish I could have kept her, I think about her almost every day.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
I miss Sunny. Her and Chyna were perfect for each other. You need to see if you can get some more up to date pics of her from her owner. I'd love to see how she has turned out.

H

HarleyD

I thought dobes got their ears done when they were younger and didn't need the tape after a few weeks? I worked at a vets office and he did a blue dobe puppy somewhere between 9 and 10 weeks of age. Of course his ear cutting sucked IMO and the dogs ears never stayed all the way up all the time.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
They do get their ears done when they're young - 8 weeks or so. The ears heal in 7-10 days. During healing, the ears are usually glued to a cup or a hunk of foam, with the edges open to the air so they can be cleaned.

The tape is called "posting" - the ears must be trained to stand upright and erect. Without posting, you'll get the classic "crop 'n' flop" - cropped ears that flop down like natural ears. Not pretty.

So, the ears are posted anywhere from a couple months to nearly a year. Once the ear is mostly done, many people stop posting and use Breathe-Rite strips or Molefoam to help the ear look perfect.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
She was a bad dog though, very stressful to live with. She ate fabric, tore up her crate blankets, howled in her crate nonstop, pooped in the house even after months of potty training, and she *could not* settle down - even after hours of physical and mental exercise.
Are insanely annoying bad habits genetic? Holy cow, she sounds like Rumor. :eek: Thankfully I can say she used to do all those things, but she was one heck of a puppy. Half of her brain has at least arrived now. Still waiting on the other half I think.

Lucky for her and Sunny, they were both cute.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Are insanely annoying bad habits genetic? Holy cow, she sounds like Rumor.
I think so! There's always a bit of risk involved when you try an outcross for the first time. Our breeder didn't end up keeping any of the puppies from that litter, they didn't live up to her expectations temperament-wise. She also will not repeat that match again because of it. Or, so she told me.

But ya know, I really loved a lot of those puppies. All the bitches had a few screws loose but were the biggest sweethearts, the boys were pretty much Bubbad-dogs, sweet but big jerks. I think it must have come from the sire, as Fawnie is a great bitch, very mild in temperament and calm.

The sire must have thrown the iffy temperaments... but DAMMNNNN he also threw some GORGEOUS heads! The trend towards "Eddie-Heads" (think Ronin's head) seems to be the current look in dobes right now, and Tyler (Rumor's sire) sure brought in some drop dead gorgeous heads from across the water. :D

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I think so! There's always a bit of risk involved when you try an outcross for the first time. Our breeder didn't end up keeping any of the puppies from that litter, they didn't live up to her expectations temperament-wise. She also will not repeat that match again because of it. Or, so she told me.

But ya know, I really loved a lot of those puppies. All the bitches had a few screws loose but were the biggest sweethearts, the boys were pretty much Bubbad-dogs, sweet but big jerks. I think it must have come from the sire, as Fawnie is a great bitch, very mild in temperament and calm.

The sire must have thrown the iffy temperaments... but DAMMNNNN he also threw some GORGEOUS heads! The trend towards "Eddie-Heads" (think Ronin's head) seems to be the current look in dobes right now, and Tyler (Rumor's sire) sure brought in some drop dead gorgeous heads from across the water. :D
I really like Sunny's head. Rumor's is okay. It reminds me of Sunny's, just not as pretty. Tyler's isn't my favorite (at least from pictures,) but his puppies' are nice.

As much of a problem child as Rumor was and can be, she is super affectionate. A total spitfire, but still really sweet. Fawnie seemed fairly mellow when I met her. Completely unlike the puppies in Rumor's litter.

Ah well, I still like her. ;)

Members online