How hair can make a dog look fat.

Dekka

Just try me..
For comparison check out this thread.. http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160800 Dekka looks fat right? Xandra even mentions it in that thread.

I know on weight discussions hair hiding how fit a dog is has come up. No Dekka is no where near as fit as she was last year (when we shaved her she looked like Lilbit (sp?) she was so fit!! I had loads of people telling me she was too thin)

But Laura shaved her yesterday. She HATES being shaved so no comments about how she is not even.. a small lithe determined terrier makes a tricky target with clippers ;)

so no my dog was not fat.. she was just fluffy :D

anna84

She looks great. Also this illustrates why I worry sometimes when I see hairy dogs that look a little thin, I worry about what they look like under all that fur.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Dekka looks like a different dog! WOW!

I definitely don't think she looked fat before... you could see a faint rib outline in some of the pictures. I do love her mohawk though. ;)

Saeleofu

I don't think she looked fat in the fluffy pictures, but she definitely looks rounder than she did last year (and of course rounder than she is here). It always amazes me how much Dekka specifically changes when you shave her - she just doesn't look like she has THAT much coat!

Dekka

Just try me..
:D I know her coat is deceiving. She is clipped due to her water loving proclivities, and her coat is so thick and dense she gets hot spots.

JacksonsMom

Wow! I didn't think she looked FAT but definitely rounder than these pics. I really like her shaved! She looks great.

That's why I like Jackson's hair short, too... he doesn't really look fat at all when it's longer, but I just like seeing his muscles better hahaha.

Members online

No members online now.