The Official "What are you reading" Thread

Dagwall

I'm just finishing the 3rd book in the series! Soooooooooo gooooooooooood!

Have you read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan?
I've read the the whole WoT series, really liked them. Though I wasn't a big fan of the ending.

I love long book series. Dark Tower series, Ender's game and Shadow series, other Card series like the Maker series and the Homecoming series, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games. I need a new series to get into, maybe song of ice and fire (game of thrones) as I'm loving the tv series.

I tend to find an author I like and read most of their books. Robert Heinlein, Stephen King, Michael Creighton, Orson Scott Card, some James Patterson (mostly the Alex Cross books but a few other books too), some Asimov (foundation series and some robot books).

I'm currently on the second book of the Rho Agenda trilogy by Richard Phillips.

Dagwall

I'm reading Jurassic Park by Michael Chriton. Holy way better than the movie, Batman!!!
All of the Creighton books they made into movies are SO much better than the movies. The first Jurassic Park movie is the best movie made from any of his books. Sphere was a great book, horrible movie.

Creighton died too young, still had a lot of good books in him I'm sure. Really liked his last few books with the biotech flavor, of course I'm a biologist.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
All of the Creighton books they made into movies are SO much better than the movies. The first Jurassic Park movie is the best movie made from any of his books. Sphere was a great book, horrible movie.

Creighton died too young, still had a lot of good books in him I'm sure. Really liked his last few books with the biotech flavor, of course I'm a biologist.
I loved Timeline. The movie was practically unwatchable. Forget following the plot when watching it.

Kootenay

I'm just finishing the 3rd book in the series! Soooooooooo gooooooooooood!

Have you read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan?
I haven't, I've heard it mentioned a lot though so I figure I will have to try it out sometime!

I'm rereading Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) for the millionth time right now, since they're making a TV series of it - I want all details fresh in my mind.

Also my OH stole my kindle so I can't finish the last Mistborn book til he gets back on Monday (grr).

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Just got done with the newest book in the Rain Wild Chronicles by Robin Hobb. Will be starting on "Stormdancer" by Jay Kristoff shortly. He's come highly recommended by Patrick Rothfuss.

Kootenay

I just read the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, and now I am onto the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Definitely enjoying both.

Finished the Mistborn series, really liked it!

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
Right now I'm reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I want to read her other book Gone Girl when I'm done with this one.

Anyone here on Goodreads? I'm completely addicted to that site. My list of "To Read" just keeps growing and growing and I really like keeping up with what people I know are reading/read and like.

I'm really impressed with the recommendations they come up with, I think the lists on there are awesome (better than Amazon's I think) and I've pretty much been able to find a list for every off the wall subgenre within a subgenre that I love.

Here I am if anyone is interested! https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/28820963-lindsey-hamilton-donnelly

I'm such a Good reads addict!

I might have the app.

#nerdalert
It seriously is addicting.

And it's helped me rediscover books I read years ago but couldn't ever remember the titles. Which then of course led me to a million other books I want to read.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Just finished Divergent and now am re-reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ***55357;***56842; best book ever can't wait for hollow city (book 2)

Members online

No members online now.