Back to the sketchbook...

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Decided I should be brave and post these sketches here...

It's literally been YEARS since I have really put pencil to paper. I used to draw all the time, and just... haven't... for so long. I really didn't know how to start again, and actually I've been afraid to see what I've lost.

So today... I went for it.

Sorry it's a photo rather than a scan. It's been so long that I don't remember how to use my scanner. :eek:

Let's see if I can keep working this...

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Love them! I was never good at dog line-art but you're doing great:)
Thank you. :)

CUTE!

You're quite good! You have a good idea of structure and constructing your lines. :) More please!
Thanks! I had to use some references to get the shape/structure right (and even then I think they all ended up too leggy. lol)

I just tried to import the greyhound into Photoshop to color it... put in about two hours of work and realized it looked like crap and I'm doing it all wrong. *sigh* I'm going to put THAT aside for now and try again in a day or two.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Ooookay... I got some feedback on the greyhound and tried to adjust it accordingly...

And here's the full page of sketches that have grown up around it. Lol!

Teal

...ice road...
I'm jealous! I have NO artistic talent at all lol I will say that it looks a little more whippet-ish than greyhound-ish... greys are a big longer in body :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
With feet you really have to think how the bones sit, how the two middle nails rest together, and how the toe sits on the pad. Yes I agree feet are hard. Especially when your trying to make little bitty toes out of clay.

Members online

No members online now.