what to use to get out pet oder.

OMG my living room stinks. I am using pet carpet cleaner to clean up messes. Also a carpet steamer. yet it still stinks. BAD. I think its the wood floor underneath. (its a throw rug, but big) what works best, and what can I use to super clean the wood floor???

Bunny82

I actually swear by white vinegar. Vinegar is a multi purpose cleaner and in my experience works extremely well on pet odors.

Powder soap , just scrub it to where ever the smell is and it will come out.And also,We use a thing called Natures Miracle from like Petco. It is supposed to take the stain out/ and smell. I believe it even keeps the dog from urinating in that spot. If you man pet odor as in pee.

yes I do mean pee. sorry.
Can I use both those on wood though? I will definatly try it. Darn dogs, its the puppy, she just will not tell us when she has to go out. If we are near her we can tell, she does the whole sniff, sniff, walk in a circle. but if we dont happen to be in the room forget it :rolleyes:. Our other dog just sits at the back door and barks.

Pam111

I actually swear by white vinegar. Vinegar is a multi purpose cleaner and in my experience works extremely well on pet odors.
Agreed. I use vinegar for everything these days. You can't beat the price either--less than a dollar a bottle and you mix with water

Bunny82

yes I do mean pee. sorry.
Can I use both those on wood though? I will definatly try it. Darn dogs, its the puppy, she just will not tell us when she has to go out. If we are near her we can tell, she does the whole sniff, sniff, walk in a circle. but if we dont happen to be in the room forget it :rolleyes:. Our other dog just sits at the back door and barks.
I use white vinegar frequently on my hardwood floors. I will also sometimes add some drops of essential oil to the mix (1 cup white vinegar to 1 gallon warm water).

ETA: The product Natures Miracle mentioned by another poster is also a really good product. It is safe for hardwood floors.

LOL vinegar just makes more sense to me since I make my own cleaning products and vinegar is used frequently since it is so versatile and inexpensive. :)

Saje

Island dweller
I would use an enzyme cleaner like natures miracle or petastic first. An enzyme cleaner will eat up any remaining pee. Vinegar is awesome for many things but the dog will still smell the pee even if you can`t

Bunny82

I would use an enzyme cleaner like natures miracle or petastic first. An enzyme cleaner will eat up any remaining pee. Vinegar is awesome for many things but the dog will still smell the pee even if you can`t
I have found the opposite to be true. :)

I have been using white vinegar for pet urine long before I went "green" and in my experience it has worked better than any other product on the market including natures miracle (and I really think NM is a great product!).

wishbone

Mom been using white vinegar too and is good to take away odor so as the dog will never track and pee again on that spot.

Members online

No members online now.