language commands

Alyusha

I was wondering what would be best for my pup.

I want teach him his commands in German, that way he will know that i talk to him. But the only problems i can see is that.
1. no other people in my house speak german.
2. would it be ok if i only gave him commands in german, but spoke to him in english?

such as;
Sitzen, unten, Nein, guter Junge, kommen, Schlecht, and zu Ihnen sind gehen Bett

Thoes are basic commands in german.. could i use thoes and then talk to him and all in english??

Because i would really liek to train him in german. Therefore he will know i talk to him and only him when i speak and that is good with 2 other dogs. But if i cant command in german and talk in english, i cant teach other household members german. But i can teach them the commands

Please help

Alyusha will understand that the commands in German are special; just for him, and because they will be so different sounding from the way you speak to him when you are talking with him, they will grab his attention and alert him that it is time to obey.

There's nothing wrong with having a bilinual dog! Just teach your family the commands you want them to be able to use. Everything will work just fine.

k9rotehexe

german commands

Shakti is being taught in german (if anyone hasn't seen his pics he is posted in the puppy area) Everyone in my family is learning the commands.

Sitz (sit)

platz (down)

pfui (no)

hier (come here)

geh auf dein platz (go to your bed)

such (find it)

I do also speak english with him here are some of the english commands.

leave it (usually when we are in the park and there is another dog)

pay attention (so he looks up to me)

load up (to get into the car)

kennel (to go in his kennel at night)

of course other then that I speak to him like the buddy that he is.

Everyone laughs at my bunch and their "commands" ???

"Where are your manners" means sit or lay down and act like you're somebody

I have two whistles - one for Bimmer and one for the girls - that mean come in

"Let's go" means quit dawdling and get your rears in gear

"What do you think you're doing?" (usually to Shiva) means just what it says. They stop whatever naughtiness they're in the middle of and come over to me, trying to act innocent, you know "Who, Me?"

"Gimme" and "Show me what you've got" are handy when they've got something in their mouths that I want to see - or take away. Shiva's funny, though, she can make things "disappear" by shoving them up in the roof of her mouth and making sure her jowls are all the way down.

"Mine!" means get your big nose away from my food. It comes in handy since Shiva's head is higher than the table already and Kharma's will be. Bimmer's not a problem; he's very well mannered and understands the concept of food possession (might have something to do with his wolf part). He knows, though, that when we're by ourselves, I always share my last bite with him.

"Go to work" is their favorite command because I'm telling them to herd the cows somewhere for me.

Other than that I pretty much just talk to them and they do what I ask, although sometimes they'll look at me with "that" expression . . . you know the one - "Awwww, but I don't wanna!" They typically go ahead and do what I ask though. Every once in awhile we'll negotiate if they are really having fun. I'll tell them just a few more minutes, they go back to their game, and when I call them in again they come in willingly.

All in all, they behave pretty well. Sometimes it's hard to get Bimmer's attention when he's on the hunt, and sometimes Shiva can be mule-headed (my apologies to mules). Kharma's still puppy enough to be easy to manage, but I have a feeling she's going to be the one I've got to keep an eye on most as she grows up. She's a real manipulator already.

Members online