Tango's still available

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Yeah I'm super excited! I will probably have questions about Chi's once he gets here (Assuming he will be a good fit) I'm mostly concerned about their dietary needs and finding an appropriate harness for his special shape XD Squeeeee

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yeah I'm super excited! I will probably have questions about Chi's once he gets here (Assuming he will be a good fit) I'm mostly concerned about their dietary needs and finding an appropriate harness for his special shape XD Squeeeee
If it helps at all, mine are all on premade raw. My smallest (3lbs) eats 2oz a day, and my largest with a HUGE metabolism (Chloe, 7.5lbs) eats 5oz a day. Rylie (4lbs) gets 2oz a day, and Tucker (5lbs) gets 3oz a day.

None of mine are picky- chis tend to be vacuum cleaners when it comes to food!

Saeleofu

Okay first I sent out PMs before ever checking here, so I guess y'all are already all caught up :rofl1:

He's eaten premade raw before (Nature's Variety Instinct chicken medallions) and did FANTASTIC on it. He ate Orijen initially, Acana for a few weeks, and for the last month or so he's been eating TOTW. He's pretty flexible and I have never seen him have loose stool, even switching foods cold turkey. He also has finally figured out how to eat a raw egg, except the shell. He eats just over half a cup of kibble a day (a heaping 1/4 cup twice a day), and when he was on the raw medallions he ate 3 medallions a day, except twice a week I gave him 4. I *think* each medallion is an ounce.

As for a harness, I swear I have tried on EVERY style of harness and nothing fits right lol. I haven't tried the RuffWear harnesses because there's nowhere here to try them on at, but I hear they're popular with a lot of tripods. He does, however, have a life vest that I use as a harness/seat belt. For walking I mostly just use a collar, because the life vest is so bulky (he already has a Lupine collar and a leather collar lol). He has grown a bit since I went harness shopping, though, so there might be something that will fit better now!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Yay!! So happy for you guys and Tango!! Sqqquuueeee

Would a Puppia harness or one of those wrap harnesses fit him? Or is it due to him missing a leg vs size?

Saeleofu

More peektures! Some are older, and all are from my cell. But here they are lol

A couple days after surgery, still wrapped up and in the hospital

Helping me play receptionist at work lol

Tails are fun to nom

This is from when I was dogsitting and he went to work (and almost everywhere else) with me

Crazy dogs *sigh*

He really doesn't like baths

Or swimming

So he had to go pout and ignore me

Chasing his girlfriend :rolleyes:

Saeleofu

Yay!! So happy for you guys and Tango!! Sqqquuueeee

Would a Puppia harness or one of those wrap harnesses fit him? Or is it due to him missing a leg vs size?
It's more because of his leg than his size. He's 6 pounds and fairly tall, so not the teeniest of dogs (though to me he's tiny lol). But most harnesses slip like crazy without the other leg there. surprisingly the front clip harnesses are the worst. I tried something similar to a puppia on him and it didn't work, but he has filled out a bit more now so while I'm out sizing him for a travel crate, I'll try some of those on too!

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Wheeeeee! <3 He's so cute, it's killing me!

I think a puppia harness might shift around on him since his second leg won't be there to keep it in place. He'll probably be a receptionist with me too, I've already told my boss :D

Members online

No members online now.