Internet meat suppliers?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I used to have a list of good internet meat suppliers where I could get whole raw rabbits, portions of bison, emu, etc. but I got rid of it when I took the dogs off raw. Now that Izzy (and hopefully Frodo soon) is back on I could really use them again.

Anybody know of any internet meat suppliers?

TIA :)

PAWZ

Agility Junkie
I dont use internet suppliers but have you tried the yellow pages for meat wholesalers or farmers markets in your area?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
There are yahoo lists that have owners of meat suppliers that post to the lists. I've never done it myself because we have a really good co-op, but I would think it's worth looking into. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
PAWZ, I get a lot of meat from local butchers, but there is little available here other than the normal pigs, chickens and cows. There used to be an emu farm here but they moved. I need to give the red deer farm a call though... should probably do that.

There are yahoo lists that have owners of meat suppliers that post to the lists. I've never done it myself because we have a really good co-op, but I would think it's worth looking into.
The closest co-op here is 2 hours away and I don't have a big enough freezer for it to be worth it. Do you mean like the rawfeeding group, or specific groups for meat suppliers?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I joined that one this morning :)
If I remember from last time I belonged though, most of them were not close to me. Hopefully that's changed, thanks!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Oh poo! I have noticed lately that there have been more people willing to ship.. so hopefully you can find something. :)

I recently received my first order from Hare today and it was great. I have also ordered from www.aplaceforpaws.com and it was very good --I think some places have limited spots they will ship to because of the freezing.

Members online

No members online now.