Okay, Next Photo Contest

Snark

Mutts to you
I'm going to go ahead and post the next photo contest so everybody can start thinking about it. If you all don't like it (or it's too much work for CharlieDog or Chewbecca), let me know and I'll come up with something else (I have a backup plan!)

The theme is Beatles' song titles. Pick one (here's a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Beatles_songs) and illustrate it with a photo. You can use people, animals, places, things - anything you want. Not sure who gets the photos (Chewbecca?), just include the title with the photo (not IN the photo).

Since it's late Sunday already, I was thinking the deadline could be next Saturday night or we could push it to Sunday noon.

What do you all think? Good to go?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I'm TOTALLY doing this... too bad our pets cant' be recognized in the photos, because Ilsa is named after a Beatles song (In My Life)

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
Ok, I was looking through the song titles and saw, "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" and laughed because the other day we were visiting our new house which is still being built. Anyway, they just put in the carpet and flooring so Samm had to wait outside. So, were walking throught the house and we enter my moms huge bathroom and right before I go in there I hear my my yell, "SAMM! NO!" when I get in I see Samm found her way into the house by jumping in through the bathroom window! :rofl1:

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
I think it's just based on the title of the song, not the content.

I'd hate to have to photograph some of their content...especially some of the later stuff. Bizarre.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Not just the sitar stuff. Stuff like 'tangerine trees and marmalade skies' or 'a girl with kaleidoscope eyes'.

Actually if one could get the latter, naturally (perhaps by reflections or something), that'd be really tight.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Sounds fun!

Doubt I'll have enough time this week though :( If e can make the entries due on Saturday that'd be awesome!

Snark

Mutts to you
Since it was late Sunday when I posted this, why don't we let the deadline run through next Sunday evening? Say, 8pm EST? That will give folks time on the weekend to work on their shots, if needed.
Charliedog? Chewbecca? Any problems with that? Who gets the entries?

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I have a lot of stuff going on in my personal life right now. I'd HATE to commit to something to have to back out.
I'll look over the song titles when I can and if I think I can pull it off, I'll enter.

Now, are we ONLY doing this based on song titles, or if we know the song, can we do a line from the song, OR can we do a themed photo based on what the song reminds us of/makes us think of?

milos_mommy

I think everyone who enters a photo should put the title of the song and if it's from a lyric, include the lyric that has inspired the photo.

I am also in...can we enter more than one photo?

Members online

No members online now.