OMG! I can't believe this! an email i got from the breeder

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
WOW! I just got a really bitchy letter from Maya's breeder regarding a review I wrote about her.
In the review I basically stated that when I asked if she had any older pups she said no just three 9 week old puppies and then I googled her name and found out that she had an 18 month old dog for sale as well. and that I was having trouble getting her to call me back when I had a question.
Also she states that I asked about a female puppy (Which i did not), also I never directly called her a liar, I said that things sounded a bit fishy to me.

I also made a comment about that I had not recieve the AKC papers at that time (I have them now)

well here is her e-mail:

I am not real sure what this is all about. I did try to call you back, you did not answer. Maybe instead of putting this on this sight, maybe you could call me and question me about it. She was the only pup left in her litter. Maybe you didnt notice the age difference in the pups!!!! You said you wanted a female, so why would I show you the three males that were left????? Those three males are from a different litter. I dont appreciate being called a liar!!!! As far as the AKC papers you could have called me and asked about them instead of putting this snotty **** on a website. I dont appreciate people who do business like this. I try very hard to be honest and open with all buyers or prospective buyers, I treat people like I would want to be treated! A phone call would have been appreciated instead of this!!!!!!! You should have your papers by now.

Saje

Island dweller
Hm. I don't know the whole story behind this. Are you sure the ad for the older pup was a current one?

I don't know what to say. I can see both of your points of view right now but if she's been ignoring you and all weird. Well, she's not worth it!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
well.. considering that a few days after I bought Maya her add was removed from the site and the 18 month old's add is still there... I would assume it is current.

bubbatd

I can see both of your sides ....I do think in this case a phone call would have been better than bad mouthing her on line . After all , you did specify a female puppy ......

R

RedyreRottweilers

It is always better to take your discussion straight to the source. Online reviews and talking behind people's backs (like on this forum) are bad ways to conduct doggy business.

It generates hard feelings, other people read this stuff and spread it around, and word gets around fast.

otch1

Agree with posts. If you thought enough about her, her reputation and her dogs inititally, to actually buy one, then it's always best to try to stay on good terms and work out any concerns privately. You can do a great deal of damage to someone's breeding business by publicly accusing them of being dishonest. You never know when you might need her help, cooperation or advice someday. Any way to mend this??

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
i DID try and contact her after I bought the puppy... she never returned my calls. She says she did but It never came up on my caller ID or anything.

Also I had never asked for a female puppy. I didnt care what gender of dog i got.

Saje

Island dweller
That's unfortunate. She doesn't sound like a responsible breeder at all. I still think it's best to keep issues like that off of sites. It comes across as petty and no matter what you will have a connection with her through your baby!

doberkim

Naturally Natural
I think it's best not to buy your pup off a dog-dealing website, period. It doesn't sound like she is responsible and I wouldn't work hard to salvage her relationship. How many litters of puppies does she have at once, anyway?

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
i dont know... she made it sound to me that she only had two adult Dobermans... so I dont see how she could have two litters of puppies within 9 weeks of eachother. it just doesnt add up.

Saje

Island dweller
I'm confused. I should probably go back and read some of your other threads but now I'm at home on dial up. :( Too slow!

How did you find this breeder and what made you go through them? Didn't you ask questions about their breeding practices and the dogs involved? From her 'ethics' it doesn't sound very surprising that she wouldn't follow through post being paid much. I don't know. I'm just confused.

I saw two ads of hers, the dogs look, "great."

I'm just sayin'.

Hopefully next time you will look into breeders more carefully and develop a good relationship with them before and after bringing the dog home.

bubbatd

To me this is another example of why NOT to buy on line ! There's to many cases of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
To me this is another example of why NOT to buy on line ! There's to many cases of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
i didnt buy online.... I saw her ad in the newspaper (i know, just as bad) and went to her house and saw the pup....

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I googled this woman she also posted on puppyfind.com. She doesn't look like a good breeder to me, not someone you could count on for the whole life of your puppy. If her review can stop and make atleast one person think and look elsewhere than it's a good thing it was posted, IMO.

I dont know all the details in this but could it be possible that the 18 month old isnt owned by her??? Some breeders I know of will advertise puppies and adults for sale by friends of theirs as well. I have a feeling there was a misunderstanding between you two.

MelissaCato

ĜȫƝ ₩īĿÐ
Hummmm

There's always two sides to the story.
I think if your complaining about this breeder... you should post your email's to her as well... so we all have the real scoop. The breeder has the fact written you asked for a female. Where does she get this without you asking?
No pun intended. This kinda think happens all to much lately on forums, I think it's wrong to be a topic........ also given the whole story.. we can form an "opinion" honestly..

Members online

No members online now.