How to train a Border Collie, in 3 easy steps!

RBark

Got Floof?
First, you must identify the problem.

In this case, Sylphrena had two problems. The first being, she would not fetch. The second being, she was mildly reactive when dogs got right in her face.

Fortunately, I have discovered the solution to both issues! Hands-free training, no cruel punishment needed! No cruelly forcing the dogs to learn with a clicker! No spoiling them with food! Heck, you don't even have to be in the same house as them!

So how did I overcome the fetch issue?

I whined about it a lot. And got perfectly helpful advice.

That's it! No further work necessary! I didn't even have to use the great advice.

[youtube]6kmqCOTWjk4[/youtube]

And for the reactivity. I was very concerned about this and how to deal with it. This was a much harder issue to tackle. I grumbled about it a little, to no avail. Then I grumbled more. Then I whined a whole lot to anyone that would listen.

Then I got great advice! I was so glad, and worked out a plan to implement said great advice.

The next day, she played like a champ, with all dogs, and no reactivity whatsoever. I didn't even have to use the advice I was given! Just like the fetch issue, it went away by magic!

And that's the secret. Just whine. A lot. To everyone. It magically fixes problems. Syl is proof that this works. :lol-sign:

I am starting to suspect Syl hacks into my FB, Chaz, and computer in order to learn. /panic

RBark

Got Floof?
Caveat: I may or may not be a little crazy right now due to puppy energy and potty training.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'll trade you dogs.

If Middie learned good behaviors every time I whined about him, do you know how GOOD he would be? I've been whining about him for at least 6 years now. Possibly more.

I think you just picked the right dog.:rofl1:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It works the opposite way with Mia. I generally come on here and brag and she must be like 'Oh ****, she's on to me that I'm really a good dog!' and then she goes and does something bad.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Apparently Feist is operating under similar orders. Just as I was lamenting about her teenageness, she's improved by leaps and bounds and is just being good. Works for me!

RBark

Got Floof?
I'll trade you dogs.

If Middie learned good behaviors every time I whined about him, do you know how GOOD he would be? I've been whining about him for at least 6 years now. Possibly more.

I think you just picked the right dog.:rofl1:
Did you remember the all-important 2nd step: Getting good advice? Maybe you've been getting bad advice all this time? Tell your friends and trainers to step it up! :p

You've gotta watch the smart ones. Make sure she doesn't have access to your credit cards!
I don't think she needs access. I'm already ordering everything her heart desires. On that note, my cows, ducks, goats, sheep just got delivered. brb

It works the opposite way with Mia. I generally come on here and brag and she must be like 'Oh ****, she's on to me that I'm really a good dog!' and then she goes and does something bad.
Shoulda gotten a Border Collie.... /poke :p

If only we all could be so lucky! Sometimes we need a bit of dog training. Thankfully the dog boarding facility has amazing staff that have been able to teach a few tricks here and there.
Oh good, I've been needing a trainer. Thanks for offering your service. How does Thursdays at 4pm sound? Gotta be early because I'll have to fly back to California from Canada afterward.

Apparently Feist is operating under similar orders. Just as I was lamenting about her teenageness, she's improved by leaps and bounds and is just being good. Works for me!
Yay for us whiny trainers!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.