victor

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
VIctor is 11 now. To the best of my figuring, he was a Christmas puppy. I found him on petfinder on April 1 where they had written he was 5 months old. He has retinal atrophy which is why his pupils are full blown open no matter the sunlight shining on them. He can see some light, but nothing else. He has learned a lot, he raises his foot if you say step, and if the children are here he reaches out with his foot and feels around before he puts it down. He does run into things occasionally which rocks his self confidence, but for the most part he has adapted and has a happy and well loved life. We did our running in the woods and in the valley, and we had great adventures his first decade so at least I know he had that for his dreams now under the blankets on the sofa. WE still walk when the weather is warm (my issues not his) so he gets exercise. He is and will always be my hero. My better half. My heart.

I came to CHazhound when my 7 yr old pointer lab mix passed with cancer. WHen I adopted VIctor he came with over the top behavior issues and tho I grew up training labs and goldens for hunting, nothing I did was helping. WE have a great deal to thank Chazhound for. CT was a member back then and she was the one that put me on the right track with her out of the box approach. We have been here ever since. Victor was rescued by a lady named Connie Guthrie. She and her husband runt eh DOG GONE EXPRESS picking animals up when their time is up at kill shelters and taking them north where there are more homes available . Victor and I have tried in our own way to keep her good efforts rippling out with his therapy work, and humane society of Greater KAnsas City fund raising. Connie has saved over a thousand dogs and we will always be profoundly grateful for her energy and sacrifice made on their behalf. She and her husband began rescuing in their daughter's memory who passed away in her early 20's. SHe was always saving a stray.

These pics were taken with a 20 dollar thrift store casio camera. I was always told a camera is a box with a hole in it, it's what you do with it that counts. That camera takes crappy small pics, but if you put it on the poster setting and the light is just right, you coudlnt' ask for better. This apt has one sunbeam in the weak winter light and we all aim for it. THe camera cannot read the background if you turn off the flash so if you ever run across one ;) it's well worth the 20 dollars.

Members online

No members online now.