Camping!

Red.Apricot

We just got back from three days of camping fun with the dogs!

Where Elsie's standing was littered with rodent bones from what we think were owls living up in the cliffs.

The above are all from Rainbow Basin, which was aptly named.

The first evening was pretty cold, and when we got back to camp, Zobby had to wear a sweater.

We went to a place called Inscription Canyon, which was full of petroglyphs, and they were incredible.

Where's the dog?

I made Elsie sit on rocks.

This cave went all the way through and came out the other side (maybe 70-80 feet), and was so cool. The camp host said there were bats living in the cave, but we didn't see any.

More!

Red.Apricot

Here's Elsie out the other side.

Zobby back at camp.

I made Elsie pose on a ridge-like formation, where one layer was jutting up on top of another. Under/behind her was basically all washed away.

Zobby explored on his own.

Buzzard rock--there was a big nest above Elisie, and the rock had petroglyphs, too. It was neat!

Elsie isn't super into being posed by things, especially when there's butterflies to chase.

The end!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Amazing pictures! Such a beautiful area, and I adore Elsie. <3
This is the first time I've seen Zobby. He's got a cute little mug. :D

Red.Apricot

We stayed at Owl Canyon Campground--the first few pictures are from Rainbow Basin. It's all in the Barstow, CA area. The last two pictures are actually in Barstow. (The last picture is on the Mojave River bed).

Inscription Canyon is in Black Canyon, which is near the Black Mountains, by Ft. Irwin (I think I got all that right--it wasn't planned, those are the remembered directions from the camp host, and it was all semi-marked dirt roads back there).

Thanks Whisper--he's my boyfriend's dog. I'd have more pictures of him, but he's far less pose-able than Elsie. His sit-stay lasts about three seconds, lol.

ACooper

That looks like an awesome get away! I'm sure the dogs loved it, all new stuff to sniff, LOL They are both good looking doggies :)

Paige

Let it be
Wow! Such beautiful landscape. I can't wait to go camping this summer.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
That place is gorgeous! And I found the Terv in that one picture lol. Practice makes perfect! :D

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Lol, you should start collecting picture of where she is and make a game or a book out of it. You could call it Spot the Terv!

And a side note terv wants to autocorrect to fervent. :p

Members online

No members online now.