Boomer broke my heart

Giny

Boomer had his appointment today for his ACTH test (it's to test his cortisol levels for his Cushings disease). I dropped him off in the early morning for the test where they draw blood out of him during different times of the day.

When I picked him up afterwards he was so excited to see me, but he also whimpered, not really a cry but more of a lamentation. Not because he was in pain, but because he was so scared, he didn't even want me to keep him on the ground, he whimpered for me to pick him up. He's been in for his testing many times before, but this time he had a difficult time with it.

Do your dogs make you feel guilty like heck for certain things. To the point where you stop at the pet store to buy them stuff? LOL

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Clients bring mc donalds CHEESE BURGERS for their dogs when the pick them up from the grooming shop.
so the dog isnt mad at them anymore.

Giny

Haha, DAB! Funny you should say that. I told my friend about his experience and she asked me if I brought him to McDonals. lol

Doberluv

Yes, all the time Giny. I think most of us have been manipulated, not only by our own individual dogs, but by dogs for thousands of years. The ones that made us feel the most guilty were the ones most likely to fare the best. They've got us pegged pretty well by now. :rofl1:

Poooooooor widdow Boomer. Give him an extra cookie for me and a big smooch.

michaelf

I didn't realize HOW MUCH my toy poo manipulated me until I got a st. poo puppy. Then it all became clear and they both got obediance training.
If my st. got the bad habits of the toy, it would have been BAD, cause she really was a brat..:)

Bailey08

Poor boy. I'm such a sucker that it probably would have made me cry.

But I feel guilty every time I leave my dog home alone, so I'm a little pathetic. :) I hope he got some goodies to alleviate his suffering.

Aww... poor Boomer, how were his levels?

Mine always act like nothing ever happened when they come home from the vet/groomer... I have been known to buy them a small toy or something if they had surgery or something major though!

Chloe breaks my heart because she will happily trot off with anyone and not even look back... gee thanks kid!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
The last time I had Xena at the groomer, we stopped by the ice cream stand on the way home. They give a free dish of vanilla soft-serve to dogs there so she got to have a treat to go with her "trauma" :lol-sign:

bubbatd

I've never had to reward a dog for vet visits , but when I got Ollie he was very obsessed about HIS toys . He finally learned to share with his cousins and some of his favorites have bit the dust . When cousins have gone home , I'll replace and he's thrilled to death !

Giny

Aww... poor Boomer, how were his levels?
I won't know for a few day. I'm hoping they are in the normal range, but I have a feeling that they'll be a bit high. I can always tell when they are high by the different things going on with him, like increasing thirst, peeing and having some skin sores.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Oh yeah, Morgan knows how to lay it on.

Morgan is currently being treated for an ear infection right now, and every time I go to massage the ointment into his ear he cries. Doesn't struggle, doesn't jerk away, just whimpers and buries his face into my shirt. It makes me tear up every time. So I bought him a new toy yesterday... a big rubber dumbbell that you can fill with treats.

Giny

LOL Mer...shhhsh! I'm in denial that they have me wrapped around their paws.

My dogs do this well , Even if its just for a shot . They give me the biggest GUILT look . Always have to get them something.

Giny

The vet called and left a message about his test results. Looks like his levels are off again, poor Boomer, we're going to have to load up on him meds again, and return in 4 weeks for more tests. Guess it means another pet store visit in his near future.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Maybe Boomer is making his levels go off to get goodies from the Kennel Shop? LOL

I was just there yesterday getting stuff for Tsuki's birthday tomorrow. Spoiled brats. And another few weeks I need to go back for Lincoln. LOL

Giny

Hey, Mer, did you see the Fido Fleeces? I got Boomer the green plaid with the black neck ruffle when we were there. I took his old one off and put that one on him, and he walked around the store with a big tag still on it. Told the cashier lady that she'll have to scan him. lol Looks cute! I thought of Link when I saw it. And the pink one for Tsuki and Tilly. I wish they had some small enough for Kassie.

Members online