Mikey

Saje

Island dweller
What do you guys do with your dogs that aren't really motivated to play? Mikey is older (mentally) than my other dogs and I don't want him to be bored all day. He likes kongs which is good but doesn't really try with other toys. A stuffed holee molee or treat toys amuse him for five minutes and then he gets tired of working at them. He doesn't play with stuffies or balls really. Knuckle bones do amuse him greatly but I haven't been able to convince anyone to carry them for me so far.

What else could I try?

milos_mommy

Cody never played with toys, he'd tug with a sock once in a while and wrestled a lot, but never really chewed or fetched. To keep Cody occupied i did things like teach him a lot of tricks and take him for a lot of walks. I'm sure if Mikey was really bored, he'd be destructive, or play, maybe he'd just rather laze around.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah I guess he would :) He does like to nap but he's ready to go when we are! lol

milos_mommy

Same with Cody. He's just chill outside on his lawn chair cushion, or inside on his big cushy bed, but whenever we went anywhere he was right behind. Sometimes i made agility courses in the backyard for him, and he was about 10x better than Milo at them. He was seriously the best dog ever. He did whatever i said, he just understood. and now i'm ranting about him. i should make a thread dedicated to him *goes to find pics*

Members online

No members online now.