The Venting Thread

Paige

Let it be
TMI Vent of the WEEK: Why can't I find a FWB? I would even fake date someone to get laid at this point. I don't even care if it's a guy or a girl. My sex drive has been THROUGH THE ROOF and toys are just not cutting it.

I got rejected hardcore by someone this month. I sort of maybe found someone and then that fell through. I have two friends who might be in for a threesome, but we have to actually find a TIME that works. And then I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MEET PEOPLE. Supposedly like two dudes from parts are super into me, and I've met them already, but. . . ew.

I'm despairing.
Finding people that aren't major creepy to sleep with is like trying to find a unicorn. Then you have to be sexually attracted to them and find time in your life and their life to meet up and do the dirty.

So much easier to kick a spouse in the butt when they are asleep and say HEY DO ME than it is when you are single. People make being single sound like sex heaven. In my experience it is the total opposite.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
On my way to the club, I drove past a little Toyota Yaris and a state trooper. The Yaris had hit a deer and was totaled. About 100yrs away, in the grassy area in the middle of the highway, was the deer. She was alive, but couldn't walk. Rear end looked to be smashed to hell.

Nearly 5 hours later, I'm driving home. The Yaris and the state trooper were gone, but the doe was still there. Still alive, and still trying to get up.

I feel terrible. I don't know what I could have done, but I feel horrible that I drove by without doing anything. :(

And the state trooper left her there! Here Alberta Fish And Wildlife is called to dispatch of the animal if it's still alive! And in high risk areas they drab it out so that scavengers don't get hit while feeding.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Finding people that aren't major creepy to sleep with is like trying to find a unicorn. Then you have to be sexually attracted to them and find time in your life and their life to meet up and do the dirty.

So much easier to kick a spouse in the butt when they are asleep and say HEY DO ME than it is when you are single. People make being single sound like sex heaven. In my experience it is the total opposite.
DUDE, YES. THIS. I agree completely. We should post a TMI poll about this topic - see if anyone else agrees. :rofl1:

joce

On my way to the club, I drove past a little Toyota Yaris and a state trooper. The Yaris had hit a deer and was totaled. About 100yrs away, in the grassy area in the middle of the highway, was the deer. She was alive, but couldn't walk. Rear end looked to be smashed to hell.

Nearly 5 hours later, I'm driving home. The Yaris and the state trooper were gone, but the doe was still there. Still alive, and still trying to get up.

I feel terrible. I don't know what I could have done, but I feel horrible that I drove by without doing anything. :(
That's awful! I'd call and say something about it. There are more reports when a shot is fired but I hear my friends talking about doing it all the time!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
So much easier to kick a spouse in the butt when they are asleep and say HEY DO ME than it is when you are single.
Yup, totally this. DH agrees, too, so it's not just a girl thing!

joce

I thought the second one was staying with you?

I always loved the one in the first pic! reminds me so much of blitz!

I have not fostered for a while. to hard to let go for me anymore.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
It has been storming since 1am this morning. I don't really mind storms when they don't involve a tornado, so I could care less about that part.

But Cynder is REFUSING to go outside to do anything. REFUSING. I threw her out and she just sat in the porch all huddled up going, "It's wet and gross and EW."

So now I have to sit here and smell her stinky farts because SHE WON'T GO TO THE BATHROOM.

This is why I like dogs that like water. They don't care about rain. Abrams is like the perfect storm dog. He likes water enough to not care about going out to do his business in it, but stormy weather is just enough of a deterrent to want him to hurry up and get back inside so he doesn't have time to get muddy. :rolleyes:

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I thought the second one was staying with you?

I always loved the one in the first pic! reminds me so much of blitz!

I have not fostered for a while. to hard to let go for me anymore.
Yeah, I had to take a break from fostering. Lucy made a huge impact on our place and in retrospect I sometimes wish I wouldn't have let her go. She's in an awesome, awesome home... but I know Josh is still pretty bummed we ended up not keeping her.

Story technically wasn't a foster. She is a friend's dog who had cancer that we were watching periodically. She fit a lot better in our home so we were going to keep her. Unfortunately her co-owner didn't go for the deal. I was extremely heartbroken as Story is my dream dog and we were like two peas in a pod. I still get to see her, but it's not the same.

You need to share more pictures of Blitz!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I am caught right smack dab in the middle of my landlords' divorce drama. I pay my rent, I'm quiet, I'm keeping your place well-maintained and clean. LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR AFFAIRS AND DON'T ASK ME TO LIE.

I'm out of here at the end of April though. So.

Dogs6

Plus One
I agreed to stay at my job because they seemed to have sorted all the problems they were having, majorly the fencing.

Got a phone call today saying that there were 3 horses on the road. Rushed home praying it wasn't them and it was. And it was my new boss that was bringing them them back. And I only said I would stay yesterday. Wish I'd waited a day now :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Why do people just start launching in bashing entire groups of people without giving any thought to the people around them? I have sat here for over a year with constant political bashing and NOBODY ever asked me how I vote or where my political ideology lies. There was just thirty minutes of Christian-bashing that was somehow spurred by the Noah movie (WTF?) Funny thing is BOTH of my co-workers know I'm religious.

ETA: Also annoying, I'm over here working on a major project I've been working on for the last three days and NOW they've spent 30 minutes talking about Games of Thrones. Not working and talking about it... just sitting there, backs to their computers, talking...

Last edited:

DJEtzel

I'm obviously retarded.

I just need some dirt. Guys. Where do I get dirt. Cheap. To fill some holes and lay some ground covering to plant grass.

Guys. What kind of grass will grow in Michigan. Everything I'm searching is giving me different ideas! :mad:

eta- also guys, when do I plant seed!?

joce

I have always been told in this situation, fish and game would be the people to call. But I'm sure the laws are as varied as the states are.
If boardering a park here a ranger will shoot them. Otherwise you have to call the sheriff. As far as I know its only deer we have to report.

A lady who I helped with her horses a couple times said she had one hit by a car and it was screaming horribly and needed shot. Highway patrolman would not do it. Said it was supposed to be up to his discretion and he refused. A passerby finally went home and got his gun. He tried to make them feel bad not witing two hours for the vet to "do it humanely".

joce

I'm obviously retarded.

I just need some dirt. Guys. Where do I get dirt. Cheap. To fill some holes and lay some ground covering to plant grass.

Guys. What kind of grass will grow in Michigan. Everything I'm searching is giving me different ideas! :mad:

eta- also guys, when do I plant seed!?
Dirt is sadly not that cheap lol! I laugh cuz we pay someone to haul away horse poop and they compost it and get paid for it again. I have gotten it when we bought stone so try the stone people. Not sure what we paid.

As far as grass call the local ag/extension office and they usually know what grows best and for what.

As long as its warm I just toss it down and cover with some straw. Sometimes don't even cover it. Wait till freezing stops at least. We just patch what we rut up with truck in the spring and I get whatever seed is on sale.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I bought chicken a few days ago, expiration date 3/29. I opened it to cook it and it stinks. So much for that.

Hopefully they'll either refund me or give me store credit without the receipt. I can't afford $9 on food I can't eat!

On the bright side, my fried rice (which was supposed to be chicken fried rice) came out tasty.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I just don't understand why rats can't live longer. Every other rodent lives way longer and are way less awesome.

Tulip hasn't looked well for a couple of weeks now. I thought she'd be gone way before now. She's very weak, and the last couple of days I've had to help her balance to stay upright for meals, and her little hands don't seem to be working very well anymore. She's still eating heartily though, and comes out to the front of the cage to see me. She's older than dirt for a rat, but it still isn't nearly enough time.

Esther has a massive tumor that's now impeding her mobility. She stays in one spot most of the time now, but again, she's still eating and seems to be in good spirits. I've never had a rat with a tumor before, so I feel a little lost in the "when is it time" department. All of my other rats have passed at home on their own. I'm hoping the same for her, but somehow I feel like eventually I will have to make a QOL decision :(

Now Peony has a tumor too.

Which leaves me with one healthy rat.

:(

Members online

No members online now.